Version: March 2022
Processing of your personal data
Siemens Healthineers processes your personal data as part of your use of our websites and online services as described in the following:
Use of the websites
When using our websites, Siemens Healthineers processes information which is technically necessary for communication to take place and which may also be automatically sent to us by your browser or device, e.g., IP address, device type, browser type, pages visited, date and time of the request.
We process this information to enable you to visit the websites, to improve and accelerate the presentation of the websites, to adapt and prepare the information offered for specific target groups and to design the websites according to user preferences.
Subscription to information and participation in surveys
On our websites you can subscribe to various information, such as subscribe to newsletters or provide us with comments and feedback by participating in surveys. Siemens Healthineers processes the personal data that you have entered via the website, e.g., contact information such as first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number or comments.
Siemens Healthineers uses this personal data to contact you and provide the requested information, to process your comments and feedback and to adapt and prepare the information offered for specific target groups.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent you provided to us.
Use of contact forms and chatbots
You can contact us directly via contact forms and chatbots on our website and in particular provide your contact details. Siemens Healthineers processes the contact information you provide, such as your first and last name, e-mail address or telephone number, as well as information you provide in a support request, in order to respond to and clarify your contact or request.
The legal basis for the processing is your consent. If your request is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, the legal basis for the processing is the performance of a contract.
On our websites you can register for various Siemens Healthineers Online Services by providing your personal data, for example to access technical documents of our products or to exchange information in user forums.
Siemens Healthineers processes the personal data that you have entered when using the Siemens Healthineers Online Services for example when registering or logging in, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, comments or forum posts.
Siemens Healthineers processes your personal data:
• to provide the services and features of the Online Services and to manage your use; or to enable you to use the services and features of the Online Services;
• to verify your identity and enable user authentication;
The processing of your personal data is based on your consent , the performance of a contract or on our legitimate business interests as the provider of online services .
Where Siemens Healthineers relies on its legitimate interests for processing personal data, Siemens Healthineers has determined that, after a balancing of interests, its legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests and rights or freedoms. More information on the balancing of interests can be obtained by contacting the Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy Organization.
Processing of personal data related to your business relationship with Siemens Healthineers
Cookies and other similar technologies
Links to other websites
Recipients and transfer of personal data
Siemens Healthineers may share your personal data with the following recipients, if and to the extent such transfer is necessary:
• Siemens Healthineers companies which process personal data to support in fulfilling our contractual or legal obligations or internal functions such as customer services;
• other recipients such as business partners or (IT-) service providers which process personal data as part of their service provision for Siemens Healthineers (e.g., hosting or IT maintenance and support services);
• third parties in connection with complying with legal obligations or establishing, exercising, or defending rights or claims or in relation to corporate transactions (e.g., for court and arbitration proceedings, to law enforcement authorities and regulators, to attorneys and consultants).
Sometimes a recipient to whom Siemens Healthineers transfers personal data is in a country in which applicable laws do not provide the same level of data protection as the GDPR. In such cases and unless permitted otherwise by applicable law, Siemens Healthineers only transfers personal data if appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of personal data are implemented, in particular, if the recipient entered into the EU Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries with us or if the recipient has approved Binding Corporate Rules in its organization.
Further information on the safeguards in place is available by contacting the Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy Organization.
Siemens Healthineers will only process your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing (e.g., until the matter you have contacted us with is completely clarified) or until you withdraw your consent, unless legal obligations or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims make a longer retention necessary.
Under the GDPR, you have specific rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, and subject to the statutory requirements, you may be entitled to:
• obtain confirmation as to whether Siemens Healthineers processes personal data about you and, where that is the case, obtain access to your personal data processed by Siemens Healthineers as well as other information,
• obtain the rectification of your inaccurate personal data processed by Siemens Healthineers,
• obtain from Siemens Healthineers the delete of your personal data processed by Siemens Healthineers,
• obtain from Siemens Healthineers restriction of processing of your personal data,
• obtain a copy of your personal information that you have provided to Siemens Healthineers or request that your personal information be transmitted to another recipient,
• object to the processing of your personal data by Siemens Healthineers on grounds relating to your particular situation insofar as the processing of your personal data is based on legitimate interests.
If you have given Siemens Healthineers your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future, i.e., your withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
Data Protection Officer, Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy Organization, Contact
The Siemens Healthineers Data Protection Officer and the Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy Organization provide support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns, or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. The Data Protection Officer and the Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at email@example.com.