Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound offers a wide range of innovative transducers extending the diagnostic capabilities of your ultrasound system. The patented technologies of our advanced transducer design accommodate a broad range of examinations and applications, offering unparalleled clinical flexibility and value.
We offer complete solutions in all areas of imaging with application-specific transducers and settings. Our ultra high-frequency transducers, with their unique core acoustic technologies and state-of-the-art design, provide exceptional details of complex areas of interest.
Technology behind the beautiful
Gesture-detecting technology – Advanced accelerometer technology, proprietary software, coupled with gesture-detecting technology enables Siemens Healthineers InTune™ transducers to recognize sonographer interaction. A double tap motion activates the transducer for “ready to scan” mode, to help reduce daily repetitive reach and keyboard interactions due to switching between multiple transducers. Incorporating automation electronics, such as gesture-detecting technology, into transducers is just one of the many ways Siemens Healthineers is transforming healthcare delivery to improve clinical workflow, allowing clinicians more time to focus on their patients.
Multi-D – High element density transducers allow dynamic elevation aperture control according to one’s imaging needs. By changing the shape of the acoustic transmit signal, clinicians are able to clearly focus on smaller regions of interest than ever before while maintaining elevation slice thickness throughout the image. By leveraging Multi-D technology Siemens Healthineers is able to provide deep imaging capabilities of up to 40-cm-depth; helping clinicians to better detect focal lesions in high-BMI patients and reduce diagnostic uncertainty and potentially unnecessary patient testing.
Single-crystal Piezoelectric – The latest generation single-crystal piezoelectric designs offer wider bandwidths for better harmonic imaging and axial resolution, and greater sensitivity for deeper penetration and clearer imaging. At Siemens Healthineers one of many transducer design considerations is selecting technology that is best suited for the job. Utilizing material specific to the clinical requirement and market segment is critical to ensure customer needs are supported.
Thermal management – The ability to generate and utilize the maximum amount of acoustic power while managing heat dissipation is one way Siemens defines transducer efficiency. At Siemens Healthineers we’ve incorporated novel thermal management technology along with targeted design optimization of the acoustic stack and transducer body to enable deeper penetration and stronger signals where possible, while meeting regulatory standards.
General Handling of Siemens Healthineers Transducers
Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound transducers and technology empower you to capture clear, beautiful clinical images. Taking care of your investment will help to maximize your transducer’s performance and product life. The information contained in this website provides you with approved cleaners and disinfectants to help maintain your transducers.
General Handling of Siemens Healthineers Transducers
- Take extreme care when handling or storing transducers. They must not be dropped, jarred, or knocked against other objects. Do not allow transducers to come into contact with any sharp-edged or pointed object. Careless handling can result in damage to acoustic lens, housing, cable and/or system connector. Never use transducers with cracked or damaged housings, acoustic lens, strain relief or cable assemblies as these issues may increase cross-contamination risks and compromise electrical safety features of the transducer.
- The transducers have been designed and tested to be able to withstand high-level disinfection as recommended by the manufacturers of the Siemens Healthineers approved disinfectant products. Carefully follow the disinfectant manufacturer's instructions for use. Do not immerse for more than one hour.
- Do not sterilize transducers using hot steam, cold gas, or Ethylene Oxide (EO) methods. Before applying any other methods that might be recommended by manufacturers of sterilization equipment, please contact your Siemens Healthineers representative.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning agents, organic solvents such as benzene, isopropyl alcohol, or phenol-based substances, or cleaning agents containing organic solvents to clean or disinfect transducers. Use of these substances can damage the transducer and diminish image quality.
Refer to your Siemens Healthineers ultrasound system's user and reference manuals for complete operating instructions, including procedures for cleaning and disinfecting transducers.
Kassenärztliche Bundesvereinigung (KBV) Ultrasound Agreement revision begins April 1, 2018.
The KBV revision affects the disinfectant methodology and efficacy of semi-critical transducers such as transesophageal and endocavity transducers. Manufacturers of ultrasound equipment are required to provide at least one material-compatible disinfection method demonstrating bactericidal, virucidal, and fungicidal efficacy to allow attending physician to obtain reimbursement approval for ultrasound examinations. For more information refer to your ultrasound system’s user and reference manuals for complete operating instructions, including procedures for cleaning and disinfecting transducers.
Cleaners and Disinfectants
Ultrasound Transducers Compatible Cleaners and Disinfectants
1. Some of the Medical Devices Listed May Not Yet be Licensed for Sale in Canada, in Accordance with Canadian Law.