High-Sensitivity Troponin Webinar SeriesView our two-part High-Sensitivity Troponin webinar series
Join Dr. Frank Peacock in this two part webinar series focusing on the importance of High-Sensitivity Troponin.
Part 1: The 4 Lies of High-Sensitivity Troponin
Part 2: Time: The Most Precious Resource
These webinars will review the utilization of troponin assays in the assessment of Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS). This will highlight the differences between contemporary troponin vs. high-sensitivity troponin and the role each play in the assessment of patients presenting with ischemic equivalent symptoms in the emergency department (ED). Specifically, four key areas will be explained around the use of troponin in the ED setting that will help to clarify its use when understood properly. In addition, a discussion around the importance of time in delivering diagnosis and care in the ED, and the impact of point of care will be explained.Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn the advantages in the use of high-sensitivity troponin over contemporary troponin
- Learn how the use of HS Troponin may impact the management of patients in the ED as it relates to diagnosis, operational efficiency and cost
- Become familiar with the impact of delayed care in the ED and the value POC may have in improving clinical outcomes and operational efficiencies
Who should attend?
- Those interested in the assessment and management of Acute Myocardial Infarction in emergency departments
- Those interested in reviewing data on the evolution of cardiac troponin performance and clinical utility
- ED, laboratory and/or administrators interested in potential improvements in emergency care and rapid disposition of patients with suspected ACS
Attendees must participate both webinars to receive full credit.