As the first dedicated protein analyzer that can be connected to lab automation, the BN™ II System provides flexible options to meet the needs of the mid- to high-volume plasma protein lab. It uses nephelometric technology for protein determination and supports the clinical management of a variety of disease states, such as gammopathies, kidney diseases, neurology, and chronic alcohol abuse.
Enhance clinical support capabilities with a growing and innovative assay menu.
- Features the industry’s largest nephelometric menu of more than 70 plasma protein assays.†
- Consolidates specialty and routine parameters on one system, supporting comprehensive disease state management and reducing send-outs.
- Flexible testing options enable testing on serum, urine, plasma, and CSF.
Streamline lab workflows with high throughput, flexible configuration, and less hands-on time.
- Load up to 100 samples to reduce hands-on time.
- Connects to Aptio Automation to increase walkaway time.
- Quick sample release allows additional testing without delays.
- Provides average effective throughput of approximately 130 tests/hour.
- Continuous loading of samples and reagents at any time supports improved testing workflow and less downtime.
Operate confidently with intuitive, state-of-the-art software.
- State-of-the-art software and user management provide a high level of data privacy.
- Software includes a state-of-the-art, comprehensive audit trail that complies with FDA CFR part 11.
- Comprehensive software traceability features include tracking of assays and consumables.
- Seamlessly integrates into the laboratory’s IT ecosystem, with connectivity to Atellica® Data Manager and Atellica Process Manager.†
- Provides optional clinical decision support using the PROTIS® IT Software Solution.
Test with high precision using sensitive, nephelometric technology.
- Proven nephelometric technology offers high precision and reproducibility.
- Sophisticated antigen-excess pre-reaction protocols provide more-accurate results and fewer repeats.
- Wide initial measuring ranges reduce the need for retesting.
- System detects specimen and reagent levels prior to processing to ensure accuracy of results.
- Serial dilution technology supports reliable results and helps to keep the dilution factor low.
Rely on a proven system that is established in the market and built for the future.
- The BN II System has an excellent service track record, with an average of 2–3 service visits per year.
- Siemens Healthineers has extensive, long-term experience and expertise as an instrument service provider. You can be confident in our support for your lab’s operations.
- Our continuous launches of innovative tests and advances in laboratory automation demonstrate our commitment to providing meaningful new solutions for your current and future plasma protein testing needs.