The iterative algorithm for metal artifact reduction iMAR allows respective artifacts – caused by implants, artificial joints or pacemakers – to be reduced significantly. Such artifacts may lead in the worst case to non-diagnostic images by concealing the relevant pathologies.
iMARIterative metal artifact reduction
iterative Metal Artifact Reduction
Eigenschaften & Vorteile
iMAR reduces metal artifacts in various body regions. iMAR is designed to yield images with a reduced level of metal artifacts compared to conventional reconstruction if the underlying CT data is distorted by metal being present in the scanned object.
- Reduction of metal artifacts without increasing the radiation dose
- Improve your process efficiency with an algorithm that can handle different metal implants in a smooth workflow
- Leverage your ability to address more challenging cases (e.g. dental fillings, pacemakers, and extremity implants) and extend your referral base by delivering outstanding image quality
Courtesy of Universitaetsklinikum Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
To experience the impressive results with iMAR please enlarge the image on the left side.
Source: SOMATOM® Definition Flash
- SOMATOM go.All
- SOMATOM go.Top
- SOMATOM Edge eco
- SOMATOM Perspective 128 eco
- SOMATOM go.Up
- SOMATOM Definition Edge
- SOMATOM Force
- SOMATOM go.Now
- SOMATOM Scope Power 32 eco
- SOMATOM Edge Plus
- SOMATOM Drive
Minimum Software Version
(one of the following)
syngo CT VC30A for Perspective and Scope
syngo CT VA48A for Definition AS, Definition Edge and Definition Flash
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.