Conventional 2D imaging may not always provide enough information to safeguard correct placement of screws and implants. Intraoperative 3D imaging can therefore be an important factor in improving surgical outcomes.
To provide 3D capabilities that can be seamlessly integrated into clinical routine, we developed Cios Spin®: a mobile 2D and 3D C-arm for intraoperative quality control. Easy to integrate into your surgical routine, it features dedicated 3D technologies that allow you to confirm your planned results.
- More certainty in demanding cases
- More efficiency in intraoperative 3D
- More cost-effectiveness in surgery
Caratteristiche e vantaggi
Cios Spin® provides you with new insights that give you more certainty in surgical routine – and full control over your procedures. It can help you to reduce operational costs and risks, work efficiently, and increase your institution’s reputation.
More certainty in demanding cases
Cios Spin enables precise intraoperative quality control based on dedicated 3D technologies. Allowing surgeons to confirm their results, Cios Spin delivers the intraoperative tools to detect malreductions and malplacements in a higher rate compared to 2D mobile imaging.
- More confidence with intraoperative 3D. Precise 3D visualization of fine details lets you confidently pinpoint anatomical structures, implants, screws, and devices.
- Optimized visibility of important anatomical structures. Metal artefact reduction (MAR) allows to reduce artefacts such as blind spots and streaks in 3D images.
- Outstanding 3D image quality for obese patients and dense tissue. Cios Spin comes with 25 kW power1 and a unique Energy Storage Unit (ESU)1 that triples the power when needed.
- Seamless integration with navigation: NaviLink 3D1, a digital interface, automatically transfers 3D datasets to certified navigation systems – for combined use of image guidance and navigation in surgery.
More efficiency in intraoperative 3D
In daily routine, it’s all about increasing efficiency. If 3D intraoperative imaging is too cumbersome, causes delays in the workflow, or requires hard‐to‐learn know‐how, it is often not considered for clinical routine.
Cios Spin is built on a concept as smart as plug-and‐play. For efficient and uninterrupted surgical workflows, Cios Spin comes with feature packages such as Easy 3D: easy to learn, easy to use, and easy to integrate into your surgical routine.
- 3D made quick and easy. With step-by-step guidance, quick scan times, and selfexplanatory 3D visualization functions, Cios Spin improves 3D workflow efficiency.
- Simplify intraoperative screw assessment. Screw Scout1 automatically localizes screws, offering the optimum view of screws in the right 3D planes. You can instantly start screw assessment and save time in your 3D workflow.
- Less attempts in K-wire placement.2 Our Target Pointer1 displays a trajectory that helps you optimally place K-wires or other devices, ultimately saving time.
- Lots of room for demanding setups. Large anatomy requires space, and safe maneuvering is key to efficient 3D. Featuring 94 cm (36.9”) between tube and detector, Cios Spin offers plenty of room for any setup.
- Maintain the high infection control standards. Anti-microbial surfaces, specially developed hardware, and a comprehensive cleaning concept help you stay on top of this important requirement.
- Expand your capabilities with Cios OpenApps. Find compatible, certified apps in the Siemens Healthineers Digital Marketplace that empower you and your C-arm during procedures.
- Easier positioning with green laser light. Green laser light is better visible on skin or on blood than the conventional red laser lights.
- Fast, precise positioning. The electromagnetic brakes and laser light localizer are accessible from the sterile field and allow for fast adaption of the C-arm position.
More cost-effectiveness in surgery
If malplaced screws and implants are not detected intraoperatively, additional costs can arise. These include costs of revision surgeries, longer hospital stays, additional postoperative diagnostics, and liability issues.
The ability to perform intraoperative corrections based on 3D images acquired with Cios Spin may help you to reduce subsequent costs.
Whether it is, for example, by reducing malplacement and malreduction rates, postoperative CT scans, or patients’ duration of stay, intraoperative 3D with Cios Spin can positively impact your department’s financial performance – and is an investment that pays off.
Profit from intraoperative 3D: Enhance cost effectiveness
- Intraoperative 3D pays off
- 3D technology may help you to reduce revision surgery
- Intended to save postoperative diagnostics, shorten hospital stays, and reduce liability risks
In Cios Spin, high-end 3D technology meets efficiency and precision. Learn more about what is inside.
CMOS flat detector
Field of view
30 cm x 30 cm (12" x 12")
1952 x 1952 pixels
25 kW / 15 kW1
74 cm (29.1”)
93.6 cm (36.8”)
Projections for 3D reconstruction
Up to 400
3D volume size
16 cm x 16 cm x 16 cm (6,3'' x 6,3'' x 6,3'')
3D volume resolution
512 x 512 x 512 pixels
Simultaneous display of 3 projections
3D volume rendering
Volume rendering technique (VRT)
Metal artefact reduction
DICOM Send / Storage Commitment1
LAN / WLAN1