INNOVANCE Anti-Xa assay
Simplify your anticoagulant testing with one streamlined, ready-to-use assay for heparin and direct oral anticoagulant (DOAC) testing
Features & Benefits
Anticoagulant testing, simplified
- Liquid reagents require no manual preparation or reconstitution, allowing staff to concentrate on high-value tasks.
- Combined testing solution reduces handling, material, and ordering complexity for the lab.
- Single calibration curve for both types of heparin (UFH and LMWH) streamlines result interpretation and eliminates the risk of evaluation on the wrong curve.
Available without the wait
- 24/7 access to rapid, specific testing for anticoagulants supports timely patient treatment.
- Robust assay design reduces susceptibility to interferences.
Improved diagnostic accuracy in heparin and
- Drug-specific standards sets for the DOACs rivaroxaban and apixaban allow for accurate measurement of drug concentrations in ng/mL.
- Broad and consistent assay range of 0.10 to 1.50 IU/mL for UF and LMW heparin
- High lot-to-lot consistency that helps ensure consistent patient results over time
One solution for streamlined, ready-to-use anti-Xa testing
The INNOVANCE Anti-Xa assay1 offers robust performance across all parameters. With its compact and ready-to-use configuration, the INNOVANCE Anti-Xa assay1 supports improved laboratory outcomes.It builds on the proven performance of the INNOVANCE Heparin assay and leverages the same proven components, but now also includes DOAC testing capabilities.
No waiting time
Up to 700 ng/mL
DOAC measuring range extendable by dilution
Within-device/lab CV of INNOVANCE Apixaban Control 11
Within-device/lab CV of INNOVANCE Rivaroxaban Control 11
Stability once opened at 2–8°C
Within-device/lab CV (%) indicated for Sysmex® CS-2500 System. Assay performance can vary from country to country as well as corresponding to the system application of the respective assay. The values listed above are provided as examples only.
Learn more about the individual INNOVANCE Anti-Xa assay components
By combining heparin and DOAC testing into one simple and easy-to-use assay, the INNOVANCE Anti-Xa assay1 streamlines handling, reduces order complexity, and offers labs an economical testing outcome.
Availability on Siemens Healthineers and Sysmex Systems
For details on available assay applications or ordering information, download a copy of the hemostasis reagent portfolio catalogue.
Why your lab should perform anti-Xa testing for anticoagulants
To monitor and manage bleeding risks, labs are asked to safeguard anticoagulant therapies such as heparin or direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) by testing patients for a growing number of agents.
Why accurate DOAC assessment is imperative
Direct oral anticoagulants such as rivaroxaban and apixaban are direct anti-Xa inhibitor drugs that have evolved over time because of their convenient dosing and short half-life. Though the medication usually does not require monitoring, DOAC testing is needed to properly manage individuals with bleeding conditions, emergency situations that require unplanned surgery, and relevant comorbidities (e.g., renal insufficiency).
Why anti-Xa is the better choice for heparin testing
Heparin is a traditional anticoagulant drug and exists in two forms—UFH and LMWH—both of which considerably accelerate the inactivation of coagulation factor Xa by antithrombin. Clinical data shows that monitoring heparin with an anti-Xa assay has several advantages over APTT testing:2-6
- A smoother dose-response curve
- More-stable heparin levels during therapy
- Fewer blood samples required
- Fewer dosage adjustments