Improve patient experience with trendsetting workflows
Patient expectations are increasing, and patients are becoming more vocal about their healthcare experience. The Mobile Workflow, our Companions, and other smart tools of SOMATOM go.Up support you in your work and let you stay with your patients.
Experience our Mobile Workflow
More time with your patient, less in the control room
The heat map shows where users are during a standard workflow and with our Mobile Workflow (red = very long time, yellow = long time, green = some time, blue = little time).
Improve patient experience
Watch the video and find out how SOMATOM go.Up offers an unparalleled level of flexibility, mobility, and patient-friendliness in daily CT procedures.
Listen to your peers
“The Mobile Workflow: More than ever, the patient is in the center of the whole examination” says Carla Susana Ribeiro Pinto, CT radiographer at the Centro Hospitalar de São João, Porto, Portugal.
Our Mobile Workflow – figures tell the story
Our Mobile Workflow had a positive impact on the CT scan procedure at the University Hospital Erlangen, Germany, as well as on the satisfaction of their patients.
Helps speed up patient preparation time by 20%.2)
Increases the time users spend in the same room with a patient by 90%.2)
Increases the positive patient experience by 62%.2)
Increases the number of patients who feel more satisfied by 39%.2)
myExam Companion guides you through any CT scan
By asking the right question at the right time, myExam Companion guides users of all experience levels through routine examinations as well as more complex procedures. Because the answers are linked to predefined scan parameters, this also helps increase standardization. Explore the patient pathways available with SOMATOM go.Up.
Optimize image quality and reduce dose. The workflow includes protection of sensitive organs and automatic inline calculation of:
More smart tools that guide you through any procedure
Access the entire scan procedure on the tablet – from patient registration to image viewing. Stay with your patients during the procedure and even train breath-hold.
Identifies potential errors with organ coverage or contrast media volume and distribution plus the presence of wearable metal objects (e.g., belts or necklaces).
Delivers fast, standardized results irrespective of the user. Automated postprocessing tasks reduce repetitive workflow steps and make even spectral imaging routine.3)
Enables smooth reading in one workflow right at the CT scanner. Also films and distributes images and results according to your settings automatically.3)
Speed, precision, and flexibility for CT-guided interventions
Discover how the CT scan machine SOMATOM go.Up enables you to confidently perform routine and even complex CT-guided interventions with myNeedle Companion.
Dedicated solutions for trauma
Automated assistance for more accurate triage of hemorrhagic cases
Helps spot bleeding and prioritize a non-contrast scan by detecting and flagging up suspected intracranial hemorrhage.
Skull fractures and surface hematomas at a glance
Automatically displays the whole skull and brain surface in fewer unfolded ready-to-read images on one screen.
Fast and tidy data access in ED
Trauma data sets are automatically filed and loaded in dedicated layouts according to the anatomical region.
Improve profitability with a smart investment
With reimbursements and budgets shrinking, the initial investment and the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) become key factors of your CT system. That’s why SOMATOM go.Up has been designed for clever savings, reduced lifecycle costs, and easy fleet management.
Improve your staff’s daily experience
One Siemens Healthineers User Interface (Shui) across modalities: The common visual logic and scan philosophy helps optimize clinical workflows, staffing schedules, results, and productivity.
Select the modality based on clinical or capacity criteria: myNeedle Companion is universally on the SOMATOM go. platform, the SOMATOM X. platform, as well as on selected angiography systems.7)
Our intuitive multimodality reading and viewing software-only solution: Start reading right away and evaluate your studies with ease – located in one familiar and intuitive environment.
Fleet management: Enhance standardization and drive efficiency
Optimize scanner performance with teamplay: Get a transparent overview of your system data, identify areas for improvement, and monitor your fleet’s performance.
Enable remote scanning assistance with syngo Virtual Cockpit: Expert colleagues receive access to the scanner and can support less-experienced technologists.
Automated guidance for technologists: myExam Companion supports consistent image quality across your fleet.
Expand your clinical portfolio beyond routine
Every patient and clinical indication is different. Expand your clinical portfolio and confidently perform even advanced procedures: Our CT scanner SOMATOM go.Up offers tools and technologies that easily take you beyond routine.
See it with your own eyes
Courtesy: Erlangen University Hospital, Erlangen, Germany
Low-dose lung imaging for nodule visualization
up to 0.8 s
3.5 MHU (8.75 MHU equivalent value with SAFIRE8))
32 kW (80 kW equivalent value with SAFIRE8))
80, 110, 130 kV
up to 400 mA (1,000 mA equivalent value with SAFIRE8))
32 x 0.7 mm
Max. table load
up to 307 kg
1) Clinical image courtesy of RNS Wiesbaden, Wiesbaden, Germany
2) Wetzl M, et al., Mobile Workflow in Computed Tomography of the Chest. Journal of Medical Systems:43, November 2018.
3) Clinical image courtesy of Erlangen University Hospital, Erlangen, Germany
4) syngo.CT Brain Hemorrhage is a medical devices in its own right, pending 510(k) clearance, and not yet commercially available in the United States.
5) Clinical image courtesy of Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
6) syngo.CT Extended Functionalities including Trauma Layouts is work in progress and not commercially available in the U.S.
7) myNeedle Companion functionality is currently available for ARTIS VE2 as syngo Needle Guidance, laser crosshairs, and applicable scan protocols. myNeedle Companion for ARTIS angiography systems is currently under development and does not yet fulfill all applicable General Safety and Performance Requirements according to the European Medical Device Regulation (EU) 2017/745 (MDR). myNeedle Companion for ARTIS angiography systems is not yet available for sale. Its future availability cannot be guaranteed.
8) In clinical practice, the use of SAFIRE may reduce CT patient dose depending on the clinical task, patient size, anatomical location, and clinical practice. A consultation with a radiologist and a physicist should be made to determine the appropriate dose to obtain diagnostic image quality for the particular clinical task.