Daily quality control is a necessary part of every PET/CT lab routine, but manual quality control consumes your staff’s time and exposes them to radioactive sources.
QualityGuard uses intrinsic radioactive properties of Lutetium present on LSO detectors to automatically calibrate itself, eliminating the need for an external source for daily and weekly PET quality control. It saves up to 30 minutes a day1, allowing your staff to spend more time with patients. QualityGuard can reduce the need to lift heavy phantoms and can decrease your staff ’s exposure to calibration sources by up to 98%1.
Key benefits of QualityGuard
- Maximizes workflow and increases operational efficiencies
- Eliminates need for daily and weekly manual calibration setup
- Reduces staff exposure to radiation sources1
- Reduces risk of work-related injury
- Saves up to 30 minutes per day1
1Based on internal measurements at time of publication. Data on file.
QualityGuard is not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons, its future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.