Advanced motion management delivers virtually
Cardiac images are subject to motion from both the beating heart and breathing. While the heart motion can be corrected by acquiring the ECG signal and gating, respiratory motion is not corrected, and can lead to difficulty in precise evaluation of cardiac pathology.
CardioFreeze reduces image blur from both cardiac and respiratory motion using only the ECG trigger for gating. Decreasing the blur may improve visualization of myocardial tracer distribution, wall thickness and defect definition. This additional information can increase diagnostic confidence.
Key benefits of CardioFreeze
- Minimizes both cardiac and respiratory motion, utilizing 100% of the information in each cardiac gate1
- Avoids poor image quality due to cardiac and respiratory motion
- Improves signal-to-noise ratio and image quality
- Does not require an external respiratory device
- Offers the possibility of research on vulnerable plaque
- Biograph Vision
- Biograph mCT
Minimum Software Version
Biograph mCT HW/SW platform must be running PETsyngo VG70 or higher with MARS, ICS T13 and IRSmx3 hardware or higher.
PET Cardiac Gating or Cardiac PET/CT option is required to enable this option.
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.
Did this information help you?
Header images data courtesy of University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA