The new MAGNETOM ESSENZA with Tim+Dot. Whether you want to start your MRI business, increase your number of patients or enlarge your clinical scope. MAGNETOM ESSENZA with Tim+ Dot is a most user-friendly, clinically versatile and economically attractive scanner.
Features & Benefits
MAGNETOM ESSENZA 1.5T - A Tim+Dot System. Built on the experience of more than 1.000 customers, it will help you to be even more productive, more versatile, and more confident in your daily MRI practice.
More productivity. With Tim+Dot.
Introducing Dot® to MAGNETOM ESSENZA perfectly complements this 1.5T MRI scanners outstanding Tim® performance. Making an already highly productive 1.5 Tesla machine even more efficient and easy-to-use.
Dot. The next movement in MRI.
Dot is a new way of scanning in MRI – a better way. Dot scanning uses a suite of customizable engines. Allowing the user to personalize exams according to patient needs, build in step-by-step user guidance, and automate MRI exams – either "out of the box" or based on the institution's standards.
Dot. Taking the complexity out of MRI.
- Manage even complex exam routines with ease
- Use pre-defined exam strategies (Dot protocols)
- Easily adapt exam strategies to patient specific condition
- Be guided step-by-step, even through complicated exams
- Easy and synchronized timing with Auto Bolus Detection
Dot. A new level of consistency and reproducibility.
- Intelligent, automated workflows for image consistency and diagnostic confidence
- Complete scans with virtually no manual adjustments, enabling high reproducibility
- Workflows customizable to your standards
- Easy, consistent follow-up exams, supported by automatic slice positioning & FoV estimation
Intelligent, automated workflows enable a whole new level of efficiency
- Fast scan setup with only a few clicks, supported e.g. by an automated FoV or navigator positioning
- Automated post-processing with automatic, predefined inline technologies
- Higher reproducibility and more accurate timing, reducing the need of scan repetitions
Tim sets the standard in MRI.
The integrated coil technology Tim (Total imaging matrix) is synonymous with excellent image quality and fast acquisition speed. The proven technology is now in nearly 8,000 installations.
Your benefits comprise exceptional image quality, faster acquisition, shorter exam time, and higher SNR.
- Select exams, not coils
- 8 or 16 RF channels for up to 46 matrix coil elements
- Head-to-toe imaging without patient repositioning
- Local and total imaging from head to toe, while maintaining a high SNR
- Excellent image quality with high coil density
- Seamless scan range of up to 140 cm with excellent image quality
- Utilize parallel imaging (iPAT) in all directions
- High acquisition speed, high resolution
- Shorter examination times allow increased throughput
Together. Tim+Dot redifine productivity - with an increase of up to 50%2.
Extended productivity at 16-channels.
Up to 4 coils simultaneously, up to 46 elements. The new 16-channel system with the new 16-channel Head/Neck coil enables more flexibility and higher productivity.
- Seamless combination of up to 4 Matrix coils with up to 46 coil elements
- More coverage with the integrated IsoCenter Matrix, 16-channel Head/Neck coil and up to two Body Matrix coils
- Easier coil handling with combined Head/Neck parts and comfortable release mechanism
- Keep the posterior part of the 16-Channel Head/Neck on the patient table for any abdominal exam
Upgraded imaging and iPAT performance
- Twice the number of elements (12 instead of 6) in the head region for improved GRAPPA performance
- Higher performance in abdominal imaging with IsoCenter Matrix and up to 2 Body matrix coils
- Access to the optional 14-ch Extremity coil3 for advanced iPAT capabilities in any direction and improved B1 performance with iTX
- Outstanding SNR with the 16-ch Head/Neck coil
- Complete coverage of the Head/Neck region
- Excellent image quality, in combination with the integrated IsoCenter Matrix coil, for example in C-Spine imaging
More applications. From head to toe.
MAGNETOM ESSENZA delivers outstanding image quality from head to toe. Now based on the latest Siemens Healthineers MR software platform, MAGNETOM ESSENZA provides access to more standard and advanced applications than ever before.
Broaden your clinical scope. With the new MAGNETOM ESSENZA – A Tim+Dot system, you also have access to advanced, cutting-edge applications like:
- CAIPIRINHA: The powerful next generation iPAT application for up to 50%2 faster imaging
- syngo BLADE: Robust, motion-insensitive imaging for excellent imaging results even for non-cooperative patients, can be used in head, spine, abdomen, and other body regions
- 3D DESS: T2/T1- weighted, high resolution cartilage imaging
- 3D CISS: Excellent visualization of fine structures such as cranial nerve, high resolution imaging of inner ear and spine
- Inline Diffusion: Automatic real-time calculation of trace-weighted images and ADC maps with Inline Technology for stoke imaging and tumor differentiation in head and body applications
More confidence. Through sustainable value
With MAGNETOM ESSENZA value for money meets sustainability. Along the complete lifecycle you benefit from the latest technology and system design. Be more efficient and productive than ever before, at a highly attractive total cost of ownership (TCO).
Outstanding TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Low installation requirements with short system design
- Lowest operating costs in class with minimal power consumption2
- State-of-the-art zero helium boil-off technology
An even faster break-even
The new MAGNETOM ESSENZA stands for increased efficiency from day one. It enables you to keep costs low while increasing your number of patients. A sure combination for a faster break-even.
- Increase your standard workflow setup with Tim and GRAPPA: Comprehensive knee evaluation in less than 10 minutes2
- Optimized workflow and great consistency brings dramatic throughput: e.g., up to 20%2 throughput increased with Brain Dot Engine
Hear from the experts
Listen to the feedback on MAGNETOM ESSENZA – directly from the experts.
Dr. Li Song Bai
Director of MRI Department
1st Hospital of CMU, Shenyang, China
Dr. Roberto Cortes Domingues
CDPI & Multi Imagem
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Dr. Cristiano Rezio, MD
Radiologist, Administrative Director
Clínica De Diagnostico, Por Imagem Avançado Goiânia, GO, Brazil
Dr. Bui, Dr. Tayebjee
Hôpital privé de la Seine Saint Denis, Groupe Générale de Santé
Le Blanc Mesnil, France
Dr. B. Kannan
Director Aravind Krishna Hospital
Sattur, Virudhunagar District Tamilnadu, India
Geoffrey Gatebled, Chief technician
Centre d’Imagerie Médicale de Franconville
Head of Radiology
Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore, Asia
Managing Director & Founder
Aarthi Scans, Chennai, India
MAGNETOM ESSENZA is the established performer at 1.5T. With more than 1000 installations worldwide, a large number of clinical applications, and state-of-the-art coil technology it proves its clinical use and relevance in Magnetic Resonance Imaging everyday, from head-to-toe.
Excellent performance and pristine image quality for standard and advanced applications. In 2D, in 3D with sequences like syngo SPACE or in high-resolution diffusion-weighted imaging with applications like syngo RESOLVE.
Brain imaging on MAGNETOM ESSENZA – fast routine and advanced capabilities:
- High-quality routine 2D imaging for adult and young patients with sub-millimeter in-plane resolution
- Advanced 3D imaging for crisp images with excellent through-plane resolution
- Higher resolution and accuracy with less susceptibility distortions in Diffusion-Weighted Imaging in brain, spine or prostate with Multi-shot DWI
- TOF 3D Angio – great level of detail
Excellent coverage, easy set-up, and high patient comfort with Tim technology and the integrated IsoCenter Matrix.
Extensive Head/Neck Imaging capabilities with MAGNETOM ESSENZA:
- No more manual coil positioning with the IsoCenter Matrix
- Excellent FatSat – whichever technique you prefer
- High level of detail in CE-MRA
Examine ligament tears to cartilage degeneration with high-resolution imaging and a wide range of dedicated coils.
MAGNETOM ESSENZA offers the right coils and application solutions for any MSK examination relevant in a clinical setting:
- Perform high-end shoulder imaging with highest homogeneity and excellent FatSat, whilst easily and flexibly adapting to narrow and wide shoulders, for both, routine and advanced applications
- Accomplish great image results of the elbows anatomy, giving you more diagnostic confidence
- Benefit from multiple solutions for comprehensive, efficient, and detailed hand/wrist or foot/ankle imaging at reasonable acquisition times with increased signal-to-noise ratio and advanced iPAT performance
- Acquire excellent results in hip imaging of a single joint or both joints, with the combination of IsoCenter and large Flex or Body Matrix
- Achieve outstanding image quality in your knee examinations with features like advanced 3D imaging, excellent FatSat, and even advanced applications for quantitative analysis, such as MapIt
Easy patient setup and state-of-the-art imaging performance for C-Spine, T-Spine, L-Spine, and Whole Spine.
High-res 2D, advanced 3D, and different Fat Saturation techniques are simply standard for MAGNETOM ESSENZA, and part of the clinical use of our established performer. Further benefits in Spine imaging with MAGNETOM ESSENZA are:
- No more manual coil repositioning with Tim (Total Imaging Matrix)
- A large Field of View (FoV) coverage and state-of-the-art iPAT performance for an easy and streamlined workflow
- Excellent signal-to noise ratio (SNR) and no need for coil positioning, due to the IsoCenter Matrix coil intrinsically being at the right position
- A great level of detail regardless of the patient’s condition or anatomy
- A scan range up to 140 cm without repositioning, seamless scan integration, and automated post processing3
The combination of Body Matrix and IsoCenter Matrix is an ideal combination for an easy patient setup and state-of-the-art imaging performance.
- Handle challenging patient-conditions with applications like syngo BLADE and PACE
- Great image quality and fat saturation in 2D and 3D
- Comprehensive lesion evaluation including 3D VIBE & diffusion
- syngo GRAPPA gives you the choice of faster acquisition or higher resolution imaging – for both triggered as well as breath-hold sequences
- CAIPIRINHA - The powerful next generation iPAT application for up to 502 % faster 3D imaging.
- Pediatric abdominal imaging4
Sub-millimeter resolution, different FatSat techniques, iPAT, or DWI (Diffusion weighted imaging) give you a wide range of possibilities.
Easily answer clinical questions, from cardiomyopathies to ischemic heart disease, and valvular to congenital heart diseases.
Whether your focus is on morphology or function. Your need for various image contrasts is taken care of with sequences like:
- True Fisp
- Dark Blood
Easily depict vessel diseases with contrast and non-contrast enhanced techniques.
With or without contrast is up to you. MAGNETOM ESSENZA offers both:
- syngo NATIVE – excellent image quality without contrast agent usage
- syngo GRAPPA, for fast, contrast – enhanced angiography
- syngo TWIST - time-resolved 3D contrast-enhanced MR angiography (MRA) with very high temporal (sub-second) and spatial resolution (sub-millimeter) in cerebral, carotid, pulmonary, renal or peripheral angiography
Streamline your workflow in clinical breast cases, including lobular cancer, breast implant assessment and therapy monitoring.
With two dedicated breast coils for imaging purposes or biopsy guidance, and the BreVis application solution, you have a sound and efficient basis for breast imaging.
Achieve excellent contrast and resolution with agedependent protocols, using ultra-fast and motion correction techniques.
MAGNETOM ESSENZA fulfills a number of requirements, especially important when it comes to imaging children. Apart from flexible coil handling, high signal-to-noise ratio and light-weight coils MAGNETOM ESSENZA provides protocols with specific parameter settings for optimized contrast also in pediatric imaging4.
Superconducting, short bore, patient-friendly design with flared opening. Easy siting due to AS (Active Shielding) and E.I.S. (External Interference Shielding) magnet technology.
The combination of our world-class gradients together with Tim+Dot technology enables the most demanding applications.
- Actively shielded (AS), super-compact whole-body gradient coil system
- Extremely low eddy currents
- Water-cooled coil and amplifier for maximum performance
Excellent spatial and temporal resolution
- Shortest TE and TR for high image contrast and best signal-to-noise ratio
- Active shim via 3 linear channels
- Includes advanced, nonlinear 2nd order shim
Proven Tim technology on MAGNETOM ESSENZA allows a maximum number of 46 channels (coil elements) that can be connected simultaneously. The system has 16 independent RF channels that can be used simultaneously in one single scan and in one single FOV, each generating an independent partial image.
- Solid-state amplifier, maintenance-free
- Digital quadrature demodulation
- Digital filtering
- Receiver with high dynamic range without adjustments
Siting and installation
MAGNETOM ESSENZA allows a cost effective installation and easy siting.
- Only 2 electronic cabinets
- Save up to 25 %2 on the Installation cost with the light-weight, ultra-short Magnet and no need for a separate equipment room
- Profit from unique features that are good for your financial health, and for the environment too
- Low set-up costs
- Low power requirements
- Low running costs that may decrease your energy bill by up to 50%5 when replacing an existing MRI system
- Maximize uptime with a state-of-the-art zero helium boil-off magnet
1The statements by Siemens Healthineers‘ customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer’s unique setting. Since there is no “typical” hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.
2Results may vary. Data on file.
4MR scanning has not been established as safe for imaging fetuses and infants under two years of age. The responsible physician has to decide about the benefit of the MRI examination in comparison to other imaging procedures.
5Minimum total space requirement for magnet, electronics, and console room.
6Channels (coil elements) that can be connected simultaneously.