SOMATOM Edge Plus
Changing views in Computed Tomography
For care providers, the pressure to cut expenses results in an ever-increasing need for standardization and precision medicine. The CT scanner SOMATOM Edge Plus provides diagnostic imaging at the appropriate dose and with reproducible accuracy. Obtain rich, detailed information with technologies that bring tin-filtered scanning, 4D, and quantitative imaging to your clinical routine. And game-changing workflow automation simplifies scan preparation and helps you achieve new levels of precision.
Features & Benefits
- FAST 3D Camera - part of FAST Integrated Workflow
Simple plus precise positioning
• Precise isocentering
• Correct patient positioning
- Touch Panels
Enhanced patient care plus real-time ECG control
• Faciliated patient interaction
• Reduced obsolescence
- Straton® MX Sigma X-ray tube
Precise power plus precise dose management
• 100 kW generator
• 10 kV Steps
• CARE kV
- Fast scanning at 230 mm/s in routine
0.28 s rotation plus 1.7 pitch
- Tin/Gold Split Filter
Routine TwinBeam Dual Energy scanning plus low-dose Tin Filter scanning
- 78-cm bore and strong tables
Comfort plus capacity
• Accommodate diverse patients
• Easy access
- FAST IRS
• 80 fps (FBP)
• 40 fps (IR)
- StellarInfinity detector boosted by iterative reconstruction
Low-signal detection plus low dose
- FAST CARE technology
High-performance workflows plus fine-tuned balance of image quality and dose
Changing views on patient diversity – with personalized scanning
Scan virtually all patients with diagnostic confidence – including obese persons, children, and patients unable to cooperate.
- Get powerful images of obese patients: With SOMATOM Edge Plus, you can obtain sharp and rich-in-contrast images at high speed and low dose even with large patients.
- Gently scan the dose-sensitive ones: Minimize the need for sedation and allow low-dose scans for children with High Power at low kV and integrated CARE Child technology.
- Freeze motion when your patient can't: Excellent image quality within seconds for emergency cases due to the combination of High Power reserves with high coverage of up to 230 mm/s in clinical routine.
Changing views on clinical paradigms – with advanced imaging
Gain new diagnostic insights like functional information and tissue characterization, acquired with no dose or time penalty.
- See more than ever before with tin-filtered scanning: Shield patients from clinically irrelevant dose and use CT for a wider application range with our Tin Filter technology.
- Add dynamic imaging to your clinical routine: Make dynamic imaging an everyday method for nearly all patients and anatomical regions at the right dose and contrast-to-noise ratio.
- Perform advanced quantitative imaging with no dose penalty: Eliminate additional non-contrast scans by creating virtual ones – backed by our unique TwinBeam Dual Energy technology.
Changing views on patient positioning – with automated workflows
Save time and achieve consistent results with smart automation for fast, precise positioning, scanning, and postprocessing.
- Safeguard correct and consistent positioning: Our FAST Integrated Workflow with FAST 3D Camera helps your team acquire first-time right scans and manage tight schedules.
- Get closer to your patients: Set parameters without leaving your patients and offer them individual care with our Touch Panels on eye-level.
- Simplify preparation of patients and scanner: Accelerate workflows and lower dose, helping you optimize process efficiency and improve patient outcome with our software packages.
Thorax Abdomen Pelvic Imaging
Courtesy of Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Scan time 10.05 s
Scan length 212 mm
CTDIvol 38.05 mGy
DLP 731.68 mGy*cm
- Contrast media-enhanced scan of the brain for tumor staging and therapy planning
- Excellent image quality thanks to StellarInfinity detector
Number of acquired slices:
Number of reconstructed slices:
In-plane temporal resolution:
70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 kV
Max. scan speed:
up to 307 kg / 676 lbs
¿Te ha sido útil esta información?
Lell, et.al. Optimizing Contrast Media Injection Protocols in State-of-the Art Computed Tomographic Angiography. Investigational Radiology 2015; Volume 50, Number 3, March 2015.