The Siemens MRI Scanner MAGNETOM Prisma1 is the 3T PowerPack for exploration – it offers a unique 3T MRI platform to help you tackle the most demanding MRI research challenges of today and tomorrow. Its breakthrough design delivers maximum performance under prolonged high-strain conditions. Exciting new MRI applications and deliver high anatomical detail and provide opportunities to expand imaging capabilities.
Features & Benefits
When it comes to tackling the most demanding MRI research challenges, MAGNETOM Prisma is the unique and powerful 3T MRI platform at your side. Excel with the finest in MRI technology. Enter new areas of research with innovative applications and drive the advancement of human health. All supported by the right tools, the right partner, and the right collaboration network.
The power to outperform
In the most demanding MRI research projects based on extensive long-term studies, you profit from a powerful, robust MRI machine. MAGNETOM Prisma is your 3T PowerPack for virtually unlimited imaging and innovation capabilities.
Outstanding gradient performance
- 80 mT/m @ 200 T/m/s simultaneously, on all three axes
- Ultra-high-performance cooling
- Force-compensated design for reduced vibrations
Benefits: Significantly increased SNR, unprecedented long-term stability and minimized acoustic noise.
Fully dynamic parallel transmit with TimTX TrueShape
- Selective excitation to highlight regions, organs, or even features of an organ
- Zoomed imaging with the first parallel transmit application syngo ZOOMit
- Significantly higher resolution, reduced scan times and less artifacts.
- Open architecture for new MRI applications
Tim 4G integrated receive architecture
- Tim 4G RF system with 48, 64 or 128 independent channels for faster imaging and higher SNR
- New UltraFlex 18 coils2 and Tim 4G coil technology with highest coil element density, Dual-Density Signal Transfer, DirectConnect, and SlideConnect technology
- Fully digital transmit and receive with DirectRF
- Real-time feedback loop for excellent long-term stability
Unmatched 3T magnet
- Based on the MAGNETOM Trio experience
- Benchmark magnet homogeneity
- FoV 50x50x50 cm3
- Advanced higher order shim and optional SpectroShim
- Zero helium boil-off
The power to explore
Enter new areas of MRI research and set the future trends in healthcare. Exciting applications will open up new possibilities to help you visualize functional processes and better understand diseases.
Choose your own route with MAGNETOM Prisma
With MR Fingerprinting (MRF)4, MAGNETOM Prisma enables diagnostics at the frontier of a paradigm shift. MRF uses quantitative information from scans for decisions based on digital tissue data, not visual impressions, to improve tissue differentiation and enable less invasive diagnostics.
Advanced applications such as DWI, SWI, resting state fMRI, dynamic angiography, perfusion, and Diffusion Spectrum Imaging (DSI) – or your own research applications: MAGNETOM Prisma is your companion. It supports you with unparalleled 3T power and offers virtually unlimited imaging possibilities.
Siemens Healthineers unique Turbo Suite enables greater efficiency with acceleration technologies for all contrasts, orientations, and body regions whilst keeping the quality of your exam.
Explore new territories with MAGNETOM Prisma
- Visualize detail in the finest anatomical structures and reveal functional information
- Develop your own applications and sequences – adapted to your research needs
- Boost your research with consistent and reproducible procedures
The power to succeed
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Fight the most threatening diseases and understand disorders? Advance human health? With the new Siemens 3T MRI scanner MAGNETOM Prisma, you can. A valuable collaboration for your success.
Collaborate and succeed
In MRI research, there are two forces driving the future of healthcare: As a physician, you aspire to transfer ideas from the lab into the clinical routine. Here at Siemens, we strive to translate research results into products like the MAGNETOM Prisma. This shared impulse is basis for a solid partnership founded on collaboration, support, and trust.
Be part of the IDEA network
As part of IDEA (Integrated Development Environment for Applications), the world’s largest and most active research community, you are able to get in touch with like-minded people, discuss ideas, and easily benefit from in-depth exchanges.
MAGNETOM Prisma equips you with the needed competitive edge – the edge that enables you to do what others can’t. It might even facilitate access to research funding and could make your institution more attractive to top talents on the international academic market.
“MAGNETOM Prisma has the power to lead to better expertise and innovative research in the future. Beside the improved gradient system, the 64-ch Head/Neck coil allows us to get better signals from the cortex and also cover the cerebellum and the neck very well. That allows exploring new research fields which are difficult to do on other 3T scanners.”1
Prof. Rainer Goebel6
Professor, Maastricht University & Scientific Director,
Scannexus, Maastricht, The Netherlands
MAGNETOM Prisma – empowering your MRI research
Just like a prism, MAGNETOM Prisma1 unfolds the complete spectrum of MRI contrast. When powered by your ideas, scientific knowledge and expertise, the Siemens 3T MRI Scanner MAGNETOM Prisma builds a perfect match to open up a broad range of applications looking to answer the many questions that MR research poses. From brain functionality, to body physiology, organ morphometry, tissue metabolism, and quantitative MRI, MAGNETOM Prisma delivers the answers you are looking for.
MAGNETOM Prisma offers you
Diffusion Spectrum Imaging
- Up to 514 diffusion directions
- Sensitive to multiple diffusion directions within a voxel
- Potential to characterize crossing fibers
TimTX TrueShape and syngo ZOOMit
- Fine imaging details from the most hidden structures
- High resolution DWI
- DTI Depicting structural CNS connectivity
Most powerful shimming system
- Benchmark magnet homogeneity
- Advanced higher order shim, optional SpectroShim
- Higher specificity in body and multinuclear spectroscopy
Excellent flow sensitivity and time-resolved Angiography with XR 80/200
- Depiction of smaller vessels without contrast agent with ToF angiography
- Enhanced flow effects with XR 80/200 gradient system
- Higher SNR
- Extreme iPAT performance with Tim 4G
syngo DTI with up to 256 directions
- High-resolution isotropic DTI for finer depiction of white matter tracts
Most advanced tools in syngo.via
- Fully integrated fMRI/DTI evaluation
- Interactive track exploration mode with multiple VOI objects
Excellent long-term stability
- Excellent signal stability even for demanding long measurements – thanks to the new XR 80/200 gradient cooling system
And there is so much more...
- Simultaneous Multi-Slice (SMS) for DWI/DTI/BOLD
- SMS TSE2, SMS RESOLVE2
- Compressed Sensing TOF2, CS SPACE2, CS SEMAC2, CS GRASP-VIBE2
- CS Cardiac Cine
- Cardiac Flow Imaging
- High-resolution joint imaging with excellent FatSat
- Zoomed high-resolution imaging of the pelvis
- High-resolution with isotropic 3D imaging
- Up to 2x more SNR in diffusion studies
- Advanced Flow Evaluation
- Advanced multi-nuclear Spectroscopy
- 4D flow of the entire heart2
- Single Voxel Spectroscopy with edit method2
MAGNETOM Prisma’s1 technology sets the trends in the industry. Its ultra-high power impressively shows why Siemens Healthineers is the number one in MRI research.
Overview Technical Details
MAGNETOM Prisma offers benchmark magnet homogeneity (typ. 1.1 ppm @ 50 cm DSV (diameter spherical volume)) and magnet reliability.
MAGNETOM Prisma comes standard with the XR 80/200 gradient system, the strongest gradients in the industry. The combination of the excellents gradients together with Tim (Total imaging matrix) enables the most demanding applications.
It offers largest anatomical coverage with a FoV up to 50 cm.
Tim’s revolutionary all digital-in/digital-out design Direct RF allows for higher SNR and improved stability. All transmit and receive components are located at the magnet.
- Optical links between magnet and equipment room to achieve high RF stability and low noise
- Transmit and receive components are integrated in the magnet housing
- Dual-Density Signal Transfer enables ultra-high density coil designs by integrating key RF components into the local coil
Siting and installation
MAGNETOM Prisma allows for a fast installation. It requires only 33 m2 floor space.
1The products/features shown on this webpage are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.
2syngo MR XA30 still under development and not commercially available yet. Its future availability cannot be ensured.
3Minimum total space requirement for magnet, electronics, and console room.
4MR Fingerprinting on MAGNETOM Prisma is still under development and not commercially available yet. Its future availability cannot be ensured.
5Channels (coil elements) that can be connected simultaneously.
6The statements by Siemens’ customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer's unique setting. Since there is no "typical" hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.