Liver imaging with CAIPIRINHA – in a 5 sec breath-hold
CAIPIRINHA (Controlled Aliasing in Parallel Imaging Results in Higher Acceleration) is a data acquisition technique that significantly reduces breath-holds without affecting image resolution, coverage, or contrast. It can be combined with 3D T1 VIBE (allows for SPAIR and spectral FS) or 3D Dixon (Four contrasts: in phase, opposed phase, fat, and water) in a single short breath-hold.
Features & Benefits
With CAIPIRINHA we offer an innovative technology to help you get the diagnostic information you need from patients with limited breath-holding capabilities without a compromise in image resolution, coverage, or contrast.
- Dedicated sampling pattern to distribute k-space points more uniformly
- Improved algorithm for reconstruction of datasets
- Single digit breath-holds possible for 3D T1 exams
- Higher SNR enables higher spatial resolution
- Higher PAT factors enabled with excellent image quality
- Reduced patient stress and increased patient compliance
- MAGNETOM Prismafit
- MAGNETOM Avantofit
- MAGNETOM Skyrafit
- MAGNETOM Amira
- MAGNETOM Sempra
- MAGNETOM Avanto
- MAGNETOM Verio
- Biograph mMR
Minimum Software Version
syngo MR VD13
syngo MR VD14
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.