Better patient outcomes with high-performing anemia assaysChemistry and immunoassay results you can count on
More than 1.6 billion people – over 20% of the world’s population are anemic1, many due to iron deficiency. In resource-poor areas, this is frequently exacerbated by infectious diseases, placing a significant health and economic burden on both patients and healthcare institutions. Since anemia is usually found during routine blood tests, laboratory diagnostic testing plays an integral role in addressing the various clinical needs for anemia management.
Siemens Healthineers provides one of the most comprehensive menus for anemic disorders to help clinicians accurately diagnose and monitor treatment. Add these assays to your anemia test menu to address clinical needs in anemia health.
Atellica® IM and ADVIA Centaur® Erythropoietin Assay
A valuable aid in the diagnosis of anemias and polycythemias
- Achieve accurate diagnosis with excellent sensitivity and low-end precision compared to other commercially available EPO assays
- Increase lab efficiency and cost effectiveness by avoiding send outs or alternate platform testing
- Enable clinicians to quickly differentiate anemia and polycythemia conditions with a broad menu on one trusted automated platform
Active B12 Assay
Atellica® IM and ADVIA Centaur® Active-B12 Assay
A powerful diagnostic tool to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency
- Identify anemia sooner by using a better indicator of vitamin B12 status
- Measure the biologically active form of vitamin B12, delivering confidence in patient results with improved sensitivity and specificity
- Minimize lot-to-lot variability with an Active-B12 assay that uses kitted calibrators and is traceable to WHO International Standard for holotranscobalamin; NIBSC code 03/178
Women’s Health and Anemia
Women’s Health and Anemia
Helping to advance the health and vitality of women throughout the continuum of life
- Anemia is usually detected through routine blood tests therefore laboratory diagnostic testing plays an integral role in caring for women with anemia
- Reducing the burden of anemic disorders in women includes understanding risk factors and symptoms and monitoring treatment
- Siemens Healthineers offers comprehensive solutions including risk assessment and early prevention, diagnosis, therapy, and aftercare
See our Anemia portfolio across platforms
† Alliance Application manufactured by third party, distributed by Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics. Not available for sale in the U.S.
Explore our broad and growing test portfolio across disease states
Worldwide prevalence of anemia 1993-2005 WHO Global Database on Anemia
The products/features mentioned here are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons, their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers representative for additional information.