Comparative pharmacokinetics of Sirolimus and Everolimus and Latest Recommendations for their Use in Transplantation
• Learn about the mechanism of action of m-Tor inhibitors
• Understand the differences between sirolimus and everolimus related to their current indications, different pharmacokinetics, and metabolism
• Hear a discussion around the prerequisites for therapeutic drug monitoring and their target ranges within kidney, heart and liver transplant patients, in addition to the indication in oncology for everolimus.
Pr. Pierre Marquet, Pharmacology-toxicology University Hospital of Limoges, France
M-Tor Inhibitors in Renal Transplantation in Clinical Practice
• Understand how everolimus can be combined with calcineurin inhibitors (cyclosporine or tacrolimus) in kidney transplantation based on the published TRANSFORM study.
• Learn about the different selected targets of immunosuppression and the diseases linked to dysregulated mTor signaling.
• Hear about the comparison of the classical treatment protocol [mycophenolate (MPA) + standard dose Calcineurin Inhibitors (sCNI)] with a new protocol [everolimus + reduced dose calcineurin (rCNI) inhibitor].
Dr. Rainer Oberbauer, University Clinic Internal Medicine III / Nephrology, Austria