Lung Cancer Webinars
Bringing experiences together
Lung Cancer Screening in Europe
The life-saving potential of early lung cancer detection1 is increasingly recognized, and individual countries have already started to implement screening programs. What can we learn from these countries?
Target group: Medical (e.g., radiologists, pulmonologists, and other referral and specialty physicians) and policy stakeholders
- General considerations: Steps towards the implementation of lung cancer screening programs at European level (Dr. Sebastian Schmidt, Head of CT Strategy, Innovation & Medical Affairs at Siemens Healthineers)
- Lung cancer screening in the UK: Experiences and insights in a trailer-based program (Professor Richard Booton2 PhD FRCP, Consultant Respiratory Physician, Honorary MAHSC Clinical Professor & Clinical Director, Directorate of Lung Cancer & Thoracic Surgery, North West Lung Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, UK)
- Lung cancer screening in Poland: Organizational program set-up (Joanna Bidzińska2, Ph.D., EMBA, Project coordinator of National Lung Cancer Screening in the University Clinical Centre in Gdańsk for the northern Macroregion of Poland)
- Why is lung cancer screening a critical factor in reducing lung cancer mortality?
- What is the status of lung cancer screening programs in the EU?
- How can a screening program be implemented?
- What are possible approaches on how to set up a lung cancer screening program?
- What are the lessons or pitfalls?
Focus on Radiology: Lung cancer screening and its role in radiology practice
At ECR 2022, we held our lunch symposium titled "Lung cancer screening and its role in radiology practice", which was very well received.
- Experience with the implementation of LCS in Poland: How Poland set up their lung cancer screening program, Radiologist and lung cancer screening. Polish experience (Prof. Witold Rzyman2, Gdansk / Poland)
- CT Technologies for Lung Cancer Screening: Which technology parameters are important to achieve good quality images at ultra low dose, what needs to be considered in finding your local LCS protocol (Prof. Dr. Marc Kachelrieß2, Heidelberg / Germany)
- The role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in a LCS Program: Identifying smoking-related disease on LCS CT scans, the role of AI in LCS (Prof. Philippe Grenier2, Suresnes, France)
Lung cancer screening
A lever to reduce cancer mortality
When lung cancer is discovered, it is often already too late, as the cancer may already be in an advanced stage. A cure is then often difficult. Early detection is key here, and lung cancer screening (LCS) can unlock its life-saving potential. Get insights about current screening programs and background about LCS, facts and figures, low dose CT, cost efficiency and much more.
Introducing groundbreaking CT products and technologies for decades, we are known as the innovation leader in this field. Our portfolio shows unique arguments with regards to artificial intelligence, low dose, workflow optimization and image quality. With this, we enable you to increase value and be at the forefront in CT.
Avez-vous jugé cette information utile?
Speakers signed a speaker contract