Applying the lowest radiation dose possible is of utmost importance for both you and, of course, your patients. Therefore you always want to be assured that you have taken every means available to you to protect your patient from unnecessary radiation.
This desire for as little radiation exposure as possible lies at the heart of our CARE (Combined Applications to Reduce Exposure) research and development philosophy.
Consequently, with Siemens’ continuing effort, investment and dedication to achieve highest dose protection, the SOMATOM® Definition AS uniquely combines all features available for single source CT to reduce radiation: next to its already outstanding dose protection portfolio from previous product generations, it is also inherited features from the highly renowned SOMATOM Definition Flash (i.e. X-CARE) and provides innovative dose saving features with FAST CARE (i.e. CARE kV), making even pediatric scans routine.
- CNR and dose optimized kV settings with CARE kV
- The Adaptive Dose Shield prevents unnecessary dose in every spiral scan
- X-CARE protects the most radiation-sensitive organs
- Low dose cardiac exams with Adaptive ECG Pulsing and the Adaptive Cardio Sequence
- Superior raw-data-based image quality improvement or up to 60% dose reduction with SAFIRE1,3