Our revolutionary mobile head CT scanner SOMATOM On.site provides access to high-end image quality, right at your patient’s bedside. This will fundamentally change the way you can serve ICU patients suffering from acute and critical head conditions enabling you to transform care delivery at your hospital.
- Maximize quality of care
- Optimize staff deployment and care delivery
- Achieve high-end image quality at the point of care
Features & Benefits
Why bring the patient to the scanner ...
Providing CT scans of the head for critically ill patients, e.g. from Intensive Care Units (ICU) is crucial but often challenging.
- Patient transports from the ICU to the radiology department are associated with complex logistical hurdles that can require up to five staff members.1
- Inhouse patient transports bear an increased risk of complications for patients: >71% of ICU patients experience adverse events during transport specifically to the CT suite.2
- Scanning of ICU patients at the radiology department impacts CT availability for other patients by blocking off more than double the time of conventional exams.3
SOMATOM On.site will fundamentally change the way you care for your ICU patients suffering from acute and critical head conditions.
... when you could bring the scanner to the patient
Experience mobile head CT scanning with SOMATOM image quality right at the patient’s bedside:
- Eliminating transport to the radiology department can prevent related complications and allow your staff to concentrate on what matters most: providing optimal care for every patient in the ICU department.
- You can get images to diagnose and treat sudden changes in patients’ condition faster, potentially reducing the length and cost of hospital stays.
- Offering mobile CT imaging directly in the ICU allows the radiology department to maintain an optimized schedule and utilize their staff more efficiently.
Transform care delivery with SOMATOM On.site
- SOMATOM On.site permits CT imaging of the head directly on the ICU ward, so patients do not encounter any transport-associated risks.
- Performing high-quality scans at the patient's bedside helps staff to react more promptly supporting quicker diagnosictics and treatment decision-making.
- ICU physicians and nurses can spend more time within the ICU department.
- This may result in reduced stress for staff, uninterrupted attention for all ICU patients, and improved bed capacity utilization in the ward.
- Even cross-trained staff can achieve reproducible head scans right at the patient’s bedside.
- Mobile CT imaging reduces the number of ICU patient scans in the radiology department, potentially resulting in more streamlined utilization of stationary systems and staff, along with more predictable appointment schedules.
Ensuring high-end imaging results at your patient’s bedside: Thanks to the latest advances in digital healthcare, myExam Companion contributes with built-in expertise. And, thanks to workflow guidance provided by GO technologies, the system is so easy to use that it enables greater consistency across your entire team to acquire optimal images.
Mobile head CT scanner
Metal artifact reduction
80, 120 kV