The Dimension® Xpand® Plus Integrated Chemistry System combines chemistry, STAT and specialty testing on a single, compact, easy-to-use system.
- Full-range integrated capability in a small footprint
- True integration of chemistry and immunoassay for improved workflow efficiency
- Easy-to-use Dimension platform provides the confidence that every trained operator can run any test, any time
- Full disease-state profiling on a single analyzer
- The most commonly ordered panels from a single sample
Features & Benefits
Full Range Integrated Capability for maximum efficiency in a compact space
"The Siemens ISD assays on the Dimension® Systems provide a number of advantages, including decreased turnaround time—instead of batching samples, which can take two or three hours to perform, we can run samples
(in random access) in about 30 minutes."
Raffick Bowen, MT(CSMLS), PhD, DCIChem, FCACB, DABCC
Stanford University Medical Center
Compact yet powerful
- Comprehensive menu – over 90% of critical assays
- 47 assays onboard concurrently
- Simultaneous immunoassay and chemistry processing when used with Heterogeneous Immunoassay module
- One sample area
- Common reagent area
- No manual reagent or sample preparation
- Load and go reagents without instrument pause
- Low calibration frequency
- Minimal maintenance
- Auto rerun at lab-defined “panic” values
- Lab-defined auto-dilution without operator involvement
- Automatic reflex testing
- Autocalibration for electrolytes
- Sample level sense warns of low volumes prior to processing
- Patented cuvette system automatically produces cuvettes for use and seals them for disposal
Drugs of Abuse/Toxicology
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT)
Carbon Dioxide, Enzymatic
Gamma Glutamyltransferase (GGT)
Lactate Dehydrogenase (L-P)
Total Iron Binding Capacity
Total Protein (CSF/Urine)
Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
Cyclosporine, Extended Range‡
β-2 Microglobulin Latex*†
Anistrestolysin O (ASO)*†
CRP Extended Range
Kappa light chains*†
Lambda light chains*†
Lipoprotein (a) Ultra*†
Rheumatoid Factor (RF)*†
Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
765 lb (348 kg) Basic
783 lb (356 kg) with Heterogeneous Immunoassay (HM) Module
Width: 51” (129 cm)
Height: 45” (113 cm)
Depth: 31” (79 cm)
65-85°F (17-30ºC) with a maximum fluctuation of 5ºF (2.8ºC) per hour. The system requires a maximum of 120 minutes to warm up from a cold start to the incubation temperature.
Average Noise Output
<70 dBA at 1m while operating
3753 BTU/hr (1100 W)
Very low water consumption (2 liters/hour at maximum throughput)
103 to 127
207 to 253
47 to 63
47 to 63
Maximum Continuous Current, AMPS
Power Consumption WATTS
*Not available for sale in the U.S.
†Alliance Application manufactured by third party, distributed by Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics.
‡No manual pretreatment.
§Alliance Application manufactured and distributed by Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics.
**Under development. Not available for sale.
††Manufactured by third party, distributed by Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics.
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.