Running STAT βhCG ensures clinicians know of any potential pregnancies in their cardiac patients, and can recommend the most appropriate diagnostic assessments for those patients.βhCG on the Stratus® CS Acute Care™ Analyzer provides rapid, quantitative results for the early detection of pregnancy from a whole blood sample in as little as 14 minutes.
Features & Benefits
- Rapid turnaround time - in as little as 14 minutes (with onboard centrifugation)
- Single and ready to use TestPak™ Cartridges
o No reconstitution
o No warming to room temperature
o Reduction in reagent waste
o Reduction in contamination
- Heparinized whole blood samples
- Dual monoclonal antibody allows the assay to measure total βhCG in the sample
- Measures total βhCG – the intact hCG dimer, as well as the free beta subunit
- Closed container sampling enhances efficiency and safety
- Electronic QC (System Check) satisfies daily routine QC requirements permitting liquid QC flexibility
hCG hormone is produced by the placenta as soon as the fertilized ovum is implanted into the uterine wall. The presence of βhCG in plasma shortly after conception, followed by its rapid rise in concentration, makes it an excellent marker for confirmation of pregnancy. Physiologically, hCG appears to maintain the corpus luteum and support the endometrium. Levels increase to a peak concentration during the first trimester, then decrease and plateau during the remainder of the pregnancy. hCG circulates as the intact molecule in the serum of normal women who have an uncomplicated pregnancy.
*Total precision measured with Bio-Rad Control Liquichek™ Level 2. Liquichek is a trademark of Bio-Rad.
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.