ADVIA Centaur Vitamin D Total Assay
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics offers a fully equimolar, automated total 25(OH) vitamin D (~100% D2 and D3) assay* employing a proprietary monoclonal with minimal 1.1% 3-epi-25(OH) vitamin D3 cross-reactivity aligned to the ID-LC/MS/MS 25(OH)vitamin D Reference Method Procedure (RMP)1,2, the reference procedure for the Vitamin D Standardization Program (VDSP). Laboratories can meet increased testing demands by consolidating vitamin D testing on a fully automated, high-throughput immunoassay system.
- Confidence in results through alignment to the 25(OH)vitamin D RMP*1,2
- Consistent and clinically accurate patient results with the equimolar total measurement of 25(OH)vitamin D2 and D3
- Vitamin D can be combined with routine, stat, and specialty assays without compromising time – results are provided in 18 minutes with a throughput of 240 tests per hour
- Proprietary monoclonal antibody provides lot-to-lot consistency
- Reduced risk of confounding assessment with minimal cross-reactivity with 3-epi-25(OH)vitamin D3(1.1%)
- A broad dynamic assay range (4.2–150 ng/mL) and on-board dilution – accommodates variety of patient results with minimal intervention.
- Total measurement of 25(OH)vitamin D2 and D3
- Good precision – 4.2% - 11.9% CV
- Traceable to the ID-LC/MS/MS 25(OH)vitamin D RMP
- Results in as little as 18 minutes (ADVIA Centaur® XP)
*This version of the vitamin D assay is not available for sale in the U.S. Assay availability may vary from country to country and is subject to local regulatory requirements.
1Sempos CT, Vesper HW, Phinney KW, Thienpont LM, Coates PM, Vitamin D Standardization Program (VDSP.) Vitamin D status as an international issue: National surveys and the problem of standardization. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Investigation, 2012; 72(Suppl 243): 32 -40
2Thienpont L, Stepman HCM, Vesper HW. Standardization of measurements of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 and D2. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Investigation, 2012; 72(Suppl 243): 41 -49