Cardiac Testing Educational Material
A variety of resources to help keep you informed of the latest topics in cardiovascular disease testing.
Diagnosis and Management of Heart Failure
- Role of High-sensitivity Troponin I in Diagnosing Acute Coronary Syndrome
- MLO Article - Diagnosis and Management of Patients with Heart Failure
- High-Sensitivity Troponin I Assays: A Breakthrough in AMI Diagnosis (pdf) 1.21 MB
- Chest Pain Management: High-sensitivity Cardiac Troponin Supports Rapid Assessment of Non-acute Myocardial Infarction Patients (Clinical Lab Int’l) (pdf) 3.86 MB
- Advantages of High-sensitivity Troponin I Assay (Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology) (pdf) 0.12 MB
- High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin Testing in Accordance with the 2018 Fourth Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction (pdf) 0.17 MB
- Performance Evaluation of the Atellica IM High-Sensitivity Troponin I Assay (pdf) 0.17 MB
- Analytical Performance of the Siemens Healthineers ADVIA Centaur High-Sensitivity Troponin I Assay (pdf) 0.29 MB
Cardiovascular Disease Videos
Siemens Healthineers is pleased to offer a series of educational videos focusing on the clinical utility of high-sensitivity troponin I. Hear leaders in the area of cardiovascular disease and laboratory diagnostics discuss the importance of implementing a high-sensitivity troponin I assay into their facility.
Cardiovascular Disease Webinars
AACC Sponsored Webinar: Laboratory and Clinical Perspectives
Understanding Findings of Sex-specific 99th Percentile URLs for High-sensitivity Cardiac Troponin Assays Derived from Universal Sample Bank
Selection of healthy reference populations and definition of exclusion criteria for deriving 99th percentiles for high-sensitivity cardiac troponin assays used in clinical practice and research vary considerably in the literature. We discuss the Universal Sample Bank findings regarding their clinical implications:a) Sex-specific 99th percentiles varied according to the statistical method and hs-cTn assay used.
b) Not all assays provided measurable concentrations for women to qualify as hs assays.
c) Surrogate exclusion criteria used to define normality tended to lower 99th percentiles. Participants will learn that the decision concentrations used can affect diagnostics, risk-outcome assessments, and analytical characteristics.
Implementation of a High-Sensitivity Troponin I Assay
AACC Thought Leadership Webinar Series
The Fourth Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction recommends high-sensitivity troponin assays for routine clinical use. Compared to standard (guideline-acceptable) cardiac troponin assays, high-sensitivity assays offer improved sensitivity and unparalleled precision at the low end of the measuring range. With the availability of high-sensitivity troponin I assays in the U.S., more laboratories have the ability to implement high-sensitivity troponin I.
Join Dr. Allan Jaffe to learn about the latest recommendations and communication needed with your key clinical partners when transitioning to a high-sensitivity troponin assay.
Siemens Healthineers is pleased to present a new educational resource from Medscape’s Clinical Advances in the Evolution of Laboratory Diagnostics and Monitoring series.
This informative program educates clinicians about high-sensitivity cardiac troponin (hs-cTnI) tests and how to use them effectively for timely diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Increase your knowledge regarding the use of hs-cTnI assays to detect acute myocardial infarction
- Demonstrate greater confidence in your ability to integrate hs-cTnI assays into clinical practice
Earn CME credits!