The VERSANT® HCV Genotype 2.0 Assay Line Probe Assay (LiPA) utilizes the trusted reverse-hybridization technology to detect genotypes 1-6 and 15 subtypes including 1a vs.1b and subtypes 6 (c-l) while also taking note of rare patterns that are contained in the updated interpretation chart. This assay is used with the Auto-LiPA 48* and Tendigo* automated systems to provide highly accurate identification of HCV genotypes and subtypes for optimal patient therapy.
Features & Benefits
Perform HCV Genotyping and Subtyping with Greater Accuracy
The VERSANT HCV Genotype 2.0 Assay (LiPA)* uses the trusted reverse-hybridization technology to provide accurate identification of HCV genotype and subtype specific data for optimal patient therapy.
Extensive Subtype Information
- Positive identification of more than 15 different subtypes including 6 (c-l)
- Increased genotyping and subtyping accuracy due to dual target analysis of 5’ non-coding and core viral genomic regions
- Highly accurate differentiation of subtypes 1a vs.1b showing more than 96% concordance with NS5B sequencing
- Easy and accurate interpretation with updated chart that includes rare patterns
- Most widely used HCV genotyping assay
- Trusted reverse-hybridization technology (LiPA)
- Validated with NS5B sequencing
Total Genotyping Solution
- Full integration from extraction to automated interpretation
- Minimal hands-on time as most manual steps are automated with the Auto-LiPA 48 or Tendigo systems
Performance to Meet Your Needs
The VERSANT HCV Genotype 2.0 Assay is a Line Probe Assay (LiPA) that utilizes the trusted reverse-hybridization technology to detect genotypes 1-6 and subtypes 1a vs. 1b, and subtypes 6 (c-I) all while decreasing the number of undetermined subtype results. With this assay, your lab can identify more than 15 different subtypes while taking note of rare patterns that are contained in the updated interpretation chart. The VERSANT HCV Genotype 2.0 Assay is the most widely used HCV genotyping assay.
*IVDD, CE marked. Product availability varies from country to country and is subject to local regulatory requirements.
VERSANT is a registered trademark of Siemens. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
This product is intended to be used to guide the selection of treatment type and duration for individuals being considered for antiviral treatment who are chronically infected with HCV. Thus, the assay is intended to be used with samples known to be positive for HCV RNA. The VERSANT HCV Genotype 2.0 Assay (LiPA) is not intended to be used as a screening test for HCV or as a diagnostic test to confirm the presence of HCV.
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.