- Images in all slice orientations
- Applicable in all body regions like head, spine, liver, knee
- Compatible with Tim coil system and parallel acquisition technique (iPAT)
- Can be used with PACE (Free-breathing technique)
- Multiple contrasts are possible (T1, T2, Dark Fluid, STIR….)
BLADE is a motion insensitive, multi-shot Turbo Spin Echo (TSE) sequence. Inter-shot motion correction is applied for reducing in-plane motion artifacts. This technique continuously acquires low resolution images during motion, then measures and corrects for this motion. Data is acquired in blades which include parallel phase-encoding lines. Individual blades are rotated to cover a circle in the raw data space.