Sysmex CS-2500 System
Sysmex CS-2500 System
Introducing the Sysmex CS Hemostasis Systems
The Sysmex® CS-2500 System—a fully automated coagulation analyzer—employs smartly designed technologies including assay-based preanalytical sample-quality checks using PSI™ technology, automated mixing studies, automated platelet aggregation,1 and clot waveform analysis2 for improved efficiency, exceptional accuracy, and reliable first-run results. Equipped with next-generation PSI technologies, the Sysmex CS-2500 System takes hemostasis testing to the next level and helps labs truly excel with confidence.
- Assay-based preanalytical sample-quality checks that detect hemolysis, icterus, lipemia interference and underfilled primary-sample tubes to minimize retesting
- Automated mixing studies, automated platelet aggregation,1 and clot waveform analysis2 for cost-effective instrument and staff consolidation
- Unlimited potential for high-capacity performance with extended walkaway time
- Operational efficiency via a wide spectrum of assay parameters, testing methodologies, and sophisticated software to simplify lab operations
- Uninterrupted workflow delivered in a compact, affordable footprint
- True lab-to-lab consistency for confident multisite patient monitoring
Features & Benefits
Excel with simultaneous multiwavelength analysis and proven PSI technologies to minimize repeat testing and manual reviews.
- Assay-based preanalytical sample-quality checks using PSI™ technology for HIL interference, primary-tube sample-volume checks and clog detection provide accurate and reliable results on the first run.
- Simultaneous multiwavelength analytical scanning detects and manages unsuitable samples to minimize retests and reflex testing.
- 10 flexible reaction detectors enable high-capacity performance for a variety of test profiles.
Excel with automated mixing studies, platelet aggregation,1 and clot waveform analysis2 for cost-effective instrument and staff consolidation.
- Automated mixing studies help clinicians make decisions regarding factor deficiencies and circulating inhibitor patterns.
- Automated platelet aggregation1 simplifies and automates assessment of inherited, acquired, or drug-induced platelet disorders.
- Clot waveform analysis2 illustrates the optical reaction profile during PT or APTT measurement and provides qualitative and sensitive waveform patterns.
- Intuitive user software simplifies operations with powerful, easy-to-use graphical analysis tools.
Excel with unlimited potential for high-capacity performance and extended walkaway time.
- Reagent capacity of up to 3000 tests,5 with onboard capacity of up to 40 reagents and five additional buffer positions.
- Approximately 180 simultaneous PT/APTT tests/hour.3
- Anti-evaporation caps and reagent table refrigerated at approximately 10⁰C maximize onboard reagent stability.
- Tilted vials and SLD mini cups reduce reagent dead volume to maximize tests per vial.
Excel with operational efficiency via a wide spectrum of assay parameters, testing methodologies, and sophisticated software.
- Optical methodology displays clot formation for evaluation of fragile clots.
- Multidilution analysis (MDA), automated repeat, redilution, and reflex testing are consolidated on one platform.
- 24-in. touchscreen and Windows 7-based software provide an easily customizable and user-friendly interface.
- The system provides high test throughput using four measurement principles along with traceability of sample results and audit trails.
Excel with uninterrupted workflow delivered in a compact, affordable footprint.
- Cap-piercing technology allows mix of capped and uncapped tubes and cups for dependable throughput.
- Simultaneous processing of primary samples and micro mode for precious pediatric samples increase productivity.
- Accessible reagent table provides continuous loading of reagents, consumables, and samples.
- Automated QC checks are performed at user-defined intervals, and daily maintenance requires less than 5 minutes.
- Results correlate with the entire Sysmex CA and CS family of hemostasis systems.
- Seamless integration of instruments, PSI technology, and assay reference ranges optimizes use across multisite labs.
- Standardized software, reagents, controls, and calibrators improve convenience, offer cost savings, and reduce waste for more efficient utilization of labor.
The Sysmex® CS-2500 System offers an expansive test menu of routine and specialty hemostasis assays (including several INNOVANCE assays), all on a single instrument, allowing labs to run more tests per sample while processing a higher number of samples.
Dade Actin FS
Dade Actin FSL
Protein C pathway
F V Leiden
Protein S Ac
INNOVANCE® Free PS Ag4
Protein S Ac
Berichrom Antithrombin III (A)
Von Willebrand factor
INNOVANCE VWF Ac4
BC von Willebrand Reagent
Berichrom Factor VIII Chromogenic
Berichrom Factor XIII Chromogenic4
Berichrom Protein C
- Main unit:
Approx. 775 (W) × 895 (D) × 685 (H) mm
30.6 (W) × 35.2 (D) × 27.0 (H) in.
- Pneumatic unit:
Approx. 280 (W) x 355 (D) x 400 (H) mm
11.1 (W) x 14.1 (D) x 15.7 (H) in.
- Terminal (PC):
Approx. 338 (W) x 381 (D) x 100 (H) mm
13.3 (W) x 15.0 (D) x 3.95 (H) in.
- Terminal (monitor):
Approx. 556 (W) x 122.5 (D) x 403.5 (H) mm
21.8 (W) x 4.8 (D) x 15.8 (H) in.
- 10 single channels for chromogenic, immunoassay, and aggregation methods
- 10 wells (mixing function using stir bars possible for 4 wells)
- Simultaneous five-wavelength photometry in all detector channels (340, 405, 575, 660, and 800 nm wavelengths)
- 50 samples; five racks with 10 samples per rack (maximum load)
- Approx. 180 PT
- Approx. 180 APTT
- Approx. 180 simultaneous PT/APTT
- Approx. 95 simultaneous PT/APTT/AT/DD (results for normal-mode processing)
- Access mode: continuous reagent-, consumable-, and sample-loading capability
- STAT: five priority positions
- Type: single reaction tubes
- Loading: automatic continuous access, 500 reaction tubes onboard
- Approx. 10,000 samples with a maximum of 60 results per sample
1Sysmex CE-marked application.
2Research use only.
3Throughput values were determined by the time to first result using Siemens’ study protocol with PT (Thromborel® S reagent) and APTT (Pathromtin™ SL reagent) test applications.
4Not available for sale in the U.S. Product availability varies by country.
5Test capacities: PT—3000; PT/APTT—2880; PT/APTT/Fbg—2840.
6HYPHEN BioMed CE-marked application.
7Throughput values were determined by the time to first result using Siemens’ study protocol with PT (Thromborel S reagent), APTT (Pathromtin SL reagent), DD (INNOVANCE D-Dimer reagent), and AT (INNOVANCE Antithrombin reagent) test applications.
Sysmex is a registered trademark of Sysmex Corporation.
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.