Digital will be the “new normal”
We believe digital will be the “new normal”. COVID-19 will be considered as an inflection point for digitalization. We believe that it will help accelerate the overdue digital transformation in healthcare both in public health and for private health systems. Currently, healthcare providers struggle with unstructured data from fragmented sources. And insufficient analytical capabilities prevent leveraging the full potential of big data.
Digitalizing healthcare and digital platforms are the most important enablers for expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, and improving patient experience. But there are cumulative steps on the road to operationalizing insights gained from data. Technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) can turn data into actionable insights, but first it must be intelligently generated, and aggregated.
Furthermore, guaranteeing cybersecurity is crucial to maximizing value while minimizing risk. The digitalization of healthcare will increase value and thus improve medical outcomes at reduced costs.
- An effective long-term Value Partnership supports you along your digitalization journey
- Value Partners for Healthcare Consulting support you in driving digital change in your organization today
- Digital Excellence measures how well you are making use of digital technology within your institution and supports you in driving digital change in every aspect
Manage changes with a forward-looking, trusted partner for digitalizing healthcare
Streamlining operations management
- teamplay performance management applications & teamplayRad: Monitor quantities, simplify your reporting and accelerate your clinical processes
- Digital Twin for Operational Performance: Evaluate the most efficient layout of health institution in an efficient way with an operational Digital Twin
- Performance Improvement: Optimize your performance based on target specific KPIs and continuous monitoring
Supporting diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making
- Digital Marketplace: Gives you access to a curated portfolio of digital applications for your healthcare organization
- Medicalis Clinical Decision Support: Is an imaging clinical decision support platform, that helps evaluate the appropriateness of imaging orders by delivering up-to-date, evidence-based clinical best practice guidelines at the point of order entry
Connecting care teams and patients
Fulfilling cybersecurity standards
Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS)
Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) are used to automatically identify and track the location of assets or people in real-time to help you understand how well your healthcare facility is performing.
RTLS deliver location and time stamp data, which can be used with appropriate analytics tools to optimize hospital operational processes and empower the connected (or ‘smart’) hospital.
RTLS help you to improve clinical and operational pathways while reducing cost.
These technological real-time solutions enable you to leverage digitalization and optimize operations:
- Less searching - more patient time
- Faster feedback - higher patient satisfaction
- More efficiency - less operational costs
Learn how you can leverage a well-established industry technology to optimize clinical operations by clicking here.
Delivering positive outcomes along the entire RTLS chain
We can manage the entire RTLS value chain to drive targeted results for your healthcare enterprise:
- Identify your goals and challenges
- Align RTLS use-cases with your needs
- Select appropriate technologies
- Create business case incl. ROI calculation
- Define road map and implementation plan
- RTLS hardware includes sensors and tags
- Various technologies e.g. Wi-Fi, infrared, ultrasound and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) or a combination
- Captures data from sensors
- Checks for data integrity
- Forwards right information to the applications
Implementation & integration
- System implementation projects in an operational healthcare facility
- Integration of RTLS data with other hospital systems e.g. HIS, RIS, CMMS
- Use-case specific applications e.g.
- Patient workflow dashboard
- Equipment stock level monitoring
Maintenance & operations
- Maintain systems remotely and on-site
- Monitor systems
- Analyze data and identify performance improvement initiatives
- Manage performance improvement programs to make changes stick
Performance Improvement leveraged by teamplayRad
Our Value Partners for Healthcare Consulting provide you with Operational Excellence1 for your radiology department and beyond.
This is an unique IT-enabled consulting service to help you achieve a sustainable performance improvement by turning radiology data into actionable insights. The solution delivers full improvement cycles, including comprehensive workflow assessments to identify bottlenecks, jointly agreed metrics, and goals for improvement and transformation. This consulting service is delivered by interdisciplinary teams of lean-certified consultants, radiology consultants, and data analysts. Together we pave the way for measuring, interpreting, and managing operational performance by using a customized dashboard, as well as coaching and knowledge sharing.
With Performance Improvement, you’ll have a long-term partner and a solution that will drive IT-enabled, cost-effective transformation in your radiology department with full visibility of your operations. The Performance Improvement practice capability module is a suite of consultancy services specifically for imaging departments. It puts Lean principles to work and focuses especially on developing systems for ongoing improvement.
- One key component of the program is the integrated KPI-dashboard in teamplayRad that helps provide visibility to challenges while recognizing staff contributions toward meeting those challenges.
- Another key component is a series of series of Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs). RIEs are multiple-day workshops that leverage the knowledge and experience of all staff – managers, administrators, radiographers, radiologists and supporting staff. They accelerate the culture change required for effective Lean transformation. With our Rapid Improvement Events, lean methodology, quarterly workshops, and our transformation experts, Performance Improvement will support you throughout the entire journey – while our monitoring component (teamplayRad) helps you manage improvement progress and operational performance.
We enable you to obtain:
- Higher enterprise-wide operational efficiency of processes
- Faster and more coordinated patient workflows across the hospital
- The right resources (staff, technology, space and inventory) for the right patient at the right place and time
- Intelligent staff and patient communication to minimize wait times for expensive resources
- Improved patient satisfaction with personalized care management
1Performance Improvement is not commercially available in all countries and/or for all modalities. The integration of the radiology dashboard (teamplayRad) into teamplay is currently ongoing. If it is not marketed in countries due to regulatory or other reasons, the availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.