The ADVIA Centaur® XPT Immunoassay System is engineered for simplified, continuous operation and timely, trusted results.
- Responds to peak testing needs with a throughput of up to 240 tests per hour and no-pause loading of reagents, consumables, and samples.
- Supports comprehensive diagnoses with a menu of over 70 assays.
- Continually expands testing with advanced acridinium ester technology—evolving chemiluminescence that provides the flexibility to meet changing clinical needs.
Características e Benefícios
"The ADVIA Centaur XPT System exceeded our expectations. Furthermore, we could reduce the monthly maintenance by 12 hours per year and operator maintenance time by 60%."
Cutting-edge AE Immunoassay Technology
- Meet evolving clinical needs with advanced acridinium ester technology, which provides flexibility and sensitivity for new and innovative assays.
- Manage comprehensive disease-state testing with a menu of more than 70 assays.
- Simplify inventory management and reduce cost with the same highly stable, ready-to-use reagents used on all ADVIA Centaur analyzers.
Simplified, Continuous Operation
- Load and unload all samples, reagents, and supplies without pausing the system.
- Simplify operation and training with an intuitive, icon-driven user interface.
- Reduce hands-on time with low daily maintenance and no monthly cleaning or daily startup procedures.
- Implement new assays immediately with one easy scan of a test definition bar code.
Consistent, Predictable Turnaround Time and Accuracy
- Deliver up to 240 tests per hour for fast turnaround, even during peak workload times.
- React fast with a STAT port that allows priority sampling at any time.
- Improve result integrity with disposable probe tips that eliminate sample-to-sample carryover.
- Conduct automatic repeat and confirmatory testing of reactive hepatitis B surface antigen samples using Siemens Healthineers unique SMART algorithm software.
- Adapt and grow as workloads demand by connecting directly to Aptio® Automation and VersaCell® X3 Solution.
- Streamline operations with diagnostics IT, including CentraLink® Data Management System, Atellica® Process Manager and Siemens Remote Service (SRS).
- Sample directly from the track using point-in-space technology.
- Drive rapid turnaround time with a dedicated STAT port that can also front-load priority samples when connected to automation.
Vitamin D Total
High-Sensitivity Troponin I
HBc Total 2
HBsAg II Quant
HIV 1/O/2 Enhanced (EHIV)
HIV Ag/Ab Combo (CHIV)
Enhanced Liver Fibrosis (ELF™) Test
HA (ELF™ Marker)
PIIINP (ELF™ Marker)
TIMP-1 (ELF™ Marker)
β-Amyloid 1-42 (AB42)*
Total Tau (TTAU)*
Neuron Specific Enolase (NSE)*
Squamous Cell Carcinoma Antigen (SCC)*
Free Beta HCG
SARS-CoV-2 Ag (CoVAg)**
SARS-CoV-2 IgG (COV2G)§
SARS-CoV-2 IgG (sCOVG)**
SARS-CoV-2 Total (COV2T)§
Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM)
Rubella IgG II
Random-access immunoassay system
Up to 240 tests per hour
Time to First Result
18 minutes; results every 15 seconds thereafter, assay dependent
Disease-State Assay Groups§§
Allergy, Anemia/Iron Metabolism, Bone Metabolism, Cardiac, Diabetes, Hepatitis, HIV, Immunosuppressant Drugs, Liver Fibrosis†, Metabolic, Oncology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Sepsis†, Special ID, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM), Thyroid, ToRCH
Loading/unloading of samples and consumables at any time without interrupting system operation. Includes sample racks, STATs, reagent packs, ancillary reagent packs, reaction cuvettes, sample pipette tips, calibrators, controls, wash fluids, water, and waste.
3 mL, 5 mL, 7 mL, and 10 mL tubes; 1 mL and 2 mL sample cups; microcontainer tubes
Universal 5-position rack holds multiple tube types; 180 samples fully loaded; no-pause loading and unloading
Validated Sample Types
Serum, plasma, urine (assay-dependent)
Sample Volume per Test
10–200 μL, assay-dependent
Sample Integrity Control
Pressure transducer technology with clot detection, flagging, and management; short-sample detection
Dedicated STAT port accepts samples any time; STAT samples are processed with priority
Automatic dilution varies by assay, up to 1:2500
Automatic ability to perform additional tests based on results of first test
Sample Pipette Tips
840 disposable sample tip capacity
Sample Carryover Prevention
Disposable pipette tips ensure zero sample carryover
Sample Bar Codes
Up to 20 digits; Interleaved 2 of 5; Code 39, Code 128, Codabar; A, B, and special characters (.-+/*$%)
Capacity of 1000 optical-grade plastic cuvettes
Air bath, 37°C
Assay Result Calculations
SMART algorithm software repeats and confirms reactive testing; results available as completed
Chemiluminescence using Advanced Acridinium Ester
30-position reagent tray refrigerated between 4 and 10°C (39–50°F)
Reagent Capacity Onboard
ADVIA Centaur® ReadyPack® (various pack sizes available)
Reagent Integrity Control
Bar-code reagent identification, automatic inventory tracking and flagging, calibration valid tracking and flagging, reagent onboard stability tracking and flagging, reagent expired/reagent low flagging
28 days (average)
ADVIA Centaur ReadyPacks automatically rocked onboard
25-position ancillary reagent tray cooled 4–8°C (39–46°F)
Available automatic QC ordering by test, control, date, and time
Advanced QC package includes Levey-Jennings plots and Westgard rules
User Interface/Data Management
22-inch diagonal high-resolution LCD touchscreen with adjustable height
Microsoft Windows 7
Operator manual, quickstart guide, and context-sensitive online help
1,000,000 test/QC results; 500,000 can be historical; can archive to removable media
Onboard Maintenance Logs
RS232C bidirectional and host query; Ethernet connection available
Remote Access & Service
1000Base-T Ethernet port for remote access and modem for Siemens Remote Service
CD, DVD, or USB
200-240 V at 50/60 Hz; 1.2 kW maximum
Maximum Water Consumption
2.5 liters (0.6 gallons) per hour
Minimum of 2.5 liters (0.6 gallons) per hour
With monitor: 167 (h) x 196 (w) x 104 (d) cm; 66 (h) x 77 (w) x 41 (d) in.
585 kg (1289 lb)
Complies with international environmental, health, and safety standards
65 dB maximum
Processing Heat Output
Floor Load-Bearing Requirement
412 kg/m2 (84 lb/ft2)
* Under development. Not available for sale.
† CA 125II , CA 19-9 and CA 15-3 are trademarks of Fujirebio Diagnostics, Inc.
‡ Limited distribution
§ This test has not been FDA cleared or approved. This test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories. This test has been authorized only for detecting the presence of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens. This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner. Product availability may vary by country.
** This test has not been reviewed by the FDA. In the US, use of this test is limited to laboratories that are certified under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) to perform high-complexity testing. Product availability may vary by country and is subject to regulatory requirements.
The outcomes achieved by the Siemens Healthineers customers described herein were achieved in each customer’s unique setting. Since there is no “typical” hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of ITadoption) there can be no guarantee that others will achieve the same results.
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.