Submit your project now until the 22nd of May 2019 to get the chance to present your projects to experts from various industries and universities, learn from other best practices and get the chance to win an award given by Dr. Peter Schardt, Chief Technology Officer of Siemens Healthineers.
Innovation Think Tank, part of the Chief Technology Office of Siemens Healthineers, is organizing its annual external exhibition (eITT 2019) on 11th July 2019, at its headquarters in Erlangen, Germany. The event focuses on open innovation and co-creation in the area of healthcare. Best practices at our various ITT locations and collaborations along with applicants from other institutions, start-ups and industries will be presented. Annually nearly 200 Innovation Think Tank Fellowships* are awarded to participants from various universities and research institutions giving them the opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects at ITT locations worldwide. Open innovation projects worked on by the ITT participants and external applicants can be nominated for eITT 2019. In the past years up to 40 project teams took part in the annual exhibition. The top five teams will be recognized based on an evaluation by the guest jury including Dr. Peter Schardt, Chief Technology Officer of Siemens Healthineers.
Students, institutions, industries and start-ups are welcomed to submit their projects for presentation at eITT 2019. The solutions could be in the areas of digitalization, automation, new diagnostics and treatment methods, clinical innovation and process improvements in the healthcare systems.
Agenda of eITT 2019
10:35 - 13:00 Exhibition of the finalist projects and voting including working lunch
13:00- 13:15 Coffee break
13:15 - 13:45 Keynote speeches
13:45 - 14:15 Panel discussion between guest from hospitals, universities and Siemens Healthineers
14:15 - 14:30 Award ceremony
Impressions of 2018
About Innovation Think Tank
What is Innovation Think Tank?
Driven by the need for interdisciplinary self-sustaining infrastructures accessible for the entire location/company, Innovation Think Tank (ITT) was established and now has 16 innovation labs across Germany, China, India, Turkey, the United States of America and United Kingdom which are covering projects from 23 Siemens locations and have achieved break even for all established labs within 0 to 2 years. ITT has worked on over 1750 projects with 550 experts and managers. Over 12000 Siemens employees have taken part in various events. Over 1500 inventions have been filed and ~1200 projects continued. Furthermore, over ~2500 researchers and students from ~150 universities from 38 countries have worked with ITT.
Innovation Think Tank was founded and is headed globally by Sultan Haider, who also holds a Principal Key Expert, awarded by the Siemens Healthcare’s Executive Committee for his outstanding innovation track record which includes the establishment of 16 innovation labs and over 500 inventions and patents filed to date. Haider has been awarded honorary directorships and developed infrastructures for top institutions. The innovation best practice has been implemented in several university courses and certifications. For instance:
• Innovation Think Tank Lab at the University of South Carolina, USA
• Baskent Hospital chain and University, Ankara with with Siemens Healthineers Turkey
• Innovation Research Lab at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
• Oxford University Hospitals with Siemens Magnet Technologies, Oxford
• Bogazici University, Istanbul with Siemens Healthineers Turkey
• Innovation Think Tank Acibadem Lab, Istanbul, Turkey
• Innovation Management and Leadership Certification program at Siemens Healthcare Private Limited, Bangalore, India
• Innovation Research Lab, Bogazici university
• Innovation Management Certification program at Peking University in collaboration with Siemens Shanghai Medial Equipment (2016)
With its global infrastructure, ITT supports the identification and creation of business opportunities and contributes to solution implementation.
Project submission categories examples:
Open innovation and co-creation, platforms and best practices, Healthcare system of the future, Hospital of the future, Precision medicine, Patient experience, Lab diagnostics of the future, Knowledge management, OR of the future, 3D printing, Machine learning, Innovations in consumer electronics, How to improve quality of human life, Next generation IT (Apps for medical devices), Green hospitals, Scientific improvement e.g. cardio and neuro imaging, Medical devices of the future, Ideas demonstrating cost reduction in medical devices and healthcare systems, Disruptive innovation processes and methodologies, System simulators, People management best practices, Industry 4.0 applications in Healthcare etc.
• Challenge / Goal of the project
• Current state of art, how the challenge is addressed today
• Proposed solution
• Design (if created), description of any prototype or model or simulation
• Benefits of the current solutions
• No page limit and no restriction of formatting, just submit your application as a PDF file via "Apply now" button or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. student from any discipline at any university
• Creative thinking and out-of-the-box perspective
• Maximum team size: 4 members
• Application deadline for direct applicants for project
presentation at eITT 2019: 22nd May 2019 (extended)
• Finalist announcement: 27th May 2019
• eITT 2019 Event: 11th July 2019
Apply now and get the chance to present your projects to experts from various industries and universities, learn from other best practices and get the chance to win an award given by Dr. Peter Schardt, Chief Technology Officer of Siemens Healthineers.