White matter fiber tracts seen with DTI Tractography (256 diffusion directions)
DTI (Diffusion Tensor Imaging) Tractography uses diffusion tensor data and allows 3D visualization of specific white matter tracts. For example, one can determine the location of the corticospinal tract or the thalamocortical tract with the help of DTI Tractography.
- Pre-operative planning with combination of tractography and functional MRI.
- Brain tumor differentiation.
- By combining ADC and anisotropy data, the severity of strokes can be assessed and acute-ischemic changes can be distinguished from chronic-ischemic changes.
- Diagnosis and follow-up of MS lesions.
- May be useful in evaluation of normal brain development and maturation.
Características y Beneficios
- Measurement of up to 256 directions of diffusion-weighting with up to 16 different b-values. (up to 192 directions for MAGNETOM ESSENZA)
- Inline processing of the Fractional Anisotropy (FA) maps, ADC maps and trace-weighted images based on the tensor.
- 3D DTI Tractography data in color overlaid onto the anatomy with the 3D Neuro Task Card allows easy navigation through the brain.
In the brain, the axons of neurons form fiber tracts which impose directionality (anisotropy) on measurements of water diffusion. The aggregate diffusion of water within these tracts is quantified at each point by the diffusion tensor. Multiple parameters can be derived from the diffusion tensor, including the trace, ADC (Apparent Diffusion Coefficient), the relative anisotropy, and the fractional anisotropy. These secondary parameters are independent of the frame of reference and are very sensitive to white matter pathology.
DTI (option, prerequisite) has optimized sequences for a complete description of the diffusion properties of the brain within the scope of the tensor diffusion model, both for anisotropic and isotropic diffusion which support excellent evaluation of diseases of the white matter.
DTI Evaluation (option, prerequisite) is a post-processing tool for data obtained by DTI Tractography and allows for quantitative evaluation of the rate and direction of water motion within a voxel, calculation of different diffusion parameters and visualization of colored diffusion tensor imaging maps like the Fractional Anisotropy maps. DTI Evaluation also enables ROI-based evaluation of parameter images.
DTI and DTI Evaluation will help you identify anatomical substructures and with the help of fiber direction maps and fiber tracts (tractography) you will be able to assess the microstructural aspects of the brain lesions.
- MAGNETOM Verio
- Biograph mMR
- MAGNETOM Espree
- MAGNETOM Spectra
- MAGNETOM ESSENZA
- MAGNETOM Skyra
- MAGNETOM Aera
- MAGNETOM Prisma
- MAGNETOM Trio, A Tim System
- MAGNETOM Prismafit
- MAGNETOM Skyrafit
- MAGNETOM Avantofit
- DTI Evaluation
- MAGNETOM Terra
- MAGNETOM Amira
- MAGNETOM Sempra
- MAGNETOM Symphony, A Tim System
- MAGNETOM Avanto
- MAGNETOM Solafit
- MAGNETOM Vidafit
Minimum Software Version
syngo MR B15
syngo MMWP VE26A
syngo MR C15
syngo MR D11
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.
syngo Multimodality Workplace, syngo BOLD 3D Evaluation, Applications training