Partnerships – Sant'Egidio
Siemens provides the viral load monitoring system of choice for the Community of Sant'Egidio through their DREAM program – a holistic approach to treat AIDS in Africa and achieve excellence in healthcare.
The DREAM program consists of:
- 18 laboratories in 10 African countries
- Diagnostic management of patients with HIV/AIDS
- Approx. 48,000 patients have been assisted
- Approx. 27,500 patients on HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy)
- Over 100,000 viral load tests have been performed
Partnerships – TOGAtainer
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics and TOGA Molecular Biology Laboratory, South Africa, have partnered on the innovative TOGAtainer – a turnkey lab that can be placed anywhere as long as water and electricity are accessible. Siemens' VERSANT® line of molecular products play a key role in the success of this integrated laboratory.
- Decentralized laboratory services
- HIV monitoring in resource-limited settings
- Robust, accurate and cost-effective results
VERSANT molecular systems provide:
- Small footprint
- Single room technology