"We achieved significant reduction in manual hands-on time with implementation of our new chemistry and immunoassay systems. We can easily handle increased volume in even less time than on our previous system."
Labor Blackholm MVZ
A private reference laboratory with an annual workload of 6 million clinical chemistry and 1 million immunoassay tests.
ADVIA Centaur® XPT Immunoassay System
ADVIA® Chemistry XPT System
Key Outcomes and Benefits:
- Mean clinical chemistry turnaround time (TAT), including reruns and dilutions, was reduced from 40 to 22 minutes (45%).
- Mean immunoassay TAT, including reruns, was reduced from 57 to 34 minutes (40%).
- Decreased manual interventions in the pre- and post-analytical phases using a combination of system and automation features, such as intelligent sample routing and onboard aliquot retention, repeats and dilutions.
- Throughput increased from 4400 to 5880 samples per day (34%) while the number of analyzers decreased by 30%.
- Overtime costs were reduced by improving staff utilization, conducting more tests with fewer processes, and minimizing manual intervention.
Labor Blackholm MVZ Case Study
Read how our powerful analyzers and automation solutions significantly reduced manual hands-on time, increased system uptime, and boosted productivity.