External Innovation Think Tank (eITT) Exhibition 2022
Proactively drive innovation to improve human life
Innovation Think Tank (ITT) organized its annual external Innovation Think Tank exhibition (eITT 2022) on July 28th, 2022 at its headquarters in Erlangen, Germany. The event focused on open innovation, co-creation and disruptive innovations in the area of healthcare.
Best practices and outcomes from ITT global locations at Siemens Healthineers, partner universities, hospitals, Ministry of Health, VC and Start-ups were showcased.
During the last year, we received 11 invitations to set up ITT programs, making a total of 85 ITT activity locations with the aim to address Strategic Business Targets of host institutions and to develop the knowledge economy in the regions.
eITT 2022 included keynote speeches from Elisabeth Staudinger, Dr. Peter Schardt, Bernd Ohnesorge (Siemens Healthineers) and ITT location updates from our esteemed guests and key opinion leaders
- Prof. Dr. Narinder Paul, Chair Department of Medical Imaging, Professor at Western University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Dr. Fatih Mehmet Gul, Vice President - UAE and Growth Office at Fakeeh Care Group, CEO at Fakeeh University Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Prof. James Moore, Bagrit & RAEng Chair in Medical Device Design at Imperial College London, UK
- Prof. Lino Patricio, Ph.d., MD, Head of Interventional Cardiology, Évora Hospital, Coordinator of the Lifespan chair, Évora University
- Mr. Zaw Ali Khan, Additional Director, Era’s Lucknow Medical College and Hospital, Lucknow, India
- Dr. Talal Al Malki, Chief Executive Officer, Taif Region Healthcare Cluster, Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Dr. rer. nat. Muhannad Alkassar, Senior physician, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, Kinderkardiologie/Herzchirurgie
- Dr. Osama Abdullah, MRI Physicist at New York University Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Prof. Ata Akin, Dean of Engineering, Acibadem University, Turkey
- Prof. Michael Friebe, Chief HealthTEC Disruptor / CEO, IDTM GmbH and University Professor, AGH University of Science and Technology
- Ms. Dilek Akgun, Operations Director, ITT UofSc and Research Coordinator and Prof. Neset Hikmet, Director of Applied Sciences - Center for Applied Innovation and Advanced Analytics, University of South Carolina (UofSC), College of Engineering and Computing at UofSC, USA
- Ms. Arzu Fırlarer, Managing Director of Başkent University TTO (Technology Transfer Office)
- Dr. Charles Harr, Chief Medical Officer, WakeMed Health and Hospitals, USA
- Dr. Faisal Hasan, Clinical Division Chief of Cardiology and Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Rush Medical College, USA
- Mr. Ufuk Eren, CEO, Volitan Global, Turkey
- Dr. Nivisha Parag, Head of Healthcare Management Studies, Regent Business School, Operational director ITT RBS, South Africa
- Prof. Olga Janneth Gomez Ramirez, Directora, Dirección de Investigación y Extensión sede Bogotá (DIEB), Columbia
From an open call for projects, 5 finalists were chosen out of 300+ applications. The top 3 received awards. Congratulations to all the finalists and winners.
The program would not have reached this development without the support of so many leaders and experts, so with the annual "Special Support Award" our team would like to acknowledge your continued contributions for Innovation Think Tank.
Want to know more about?
The white papers from various locations (Imperial, ERA, Fakeeh University Hospitals, Acibadem, Evora etc.) and upcoming ITT programs can be visited on our Innovation Think Tank website.
Explore the highlights of our past eITT events