Faster Results, Higher Throughput, Increased Efficiency
Labor Blackholm MVZ achieved aggressive workflow and optimization goals with innovative systems and performance services from Siemens Healthineers.
Watch how Siemens Healthineers helped Labor Blackholm MVZ restructure their laboratory for improved efficiency.
Labor Blackholm MVZ
A private reference laboratory with an annual workload of 6 million clinical chemistry and 1 million immunoassay tests.
ADVIA Centaur® XPT Immunoassay System
ADVIA® Chemistry XPT System
Key Outcomes and Benefits:
- Mean clinical chemistry turnaround time (TAT), including reruns and dilutions, was reduced from 40 to 22 minutes (45%).
- Mean immunoassay TAT, including reruns, was reduced from 57 to 34 minutes (40%).
- Decreased manual interventions in the pre- and post-analytical phases using a combination of system and automation features, such as intelligent sample routing and onboard aliquot retention, repeats and dilutions.
- Throughput increased from 4400 to 5880 samples per day (34%) while the number of analyzers decreased by 30%.
- Overtime costs were reduced by improving staff utilization, conducting more tests with fewer processes, and minimizing manual intervention.
See how Siemens Healthineers systems help improve laboratory workflow.
ADVIA, ADVIA Centaur, Aptio, and all associated marks are trademarks of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc., or its affiliates. All other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Product availability may vary from country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements. Please contact your local representative for availability.
The outcomes obtained by the Siemens Healthineers customer described here were realized in the customer’s unique setting.
Since there is no typical laboratory, and many variables exist, there can be no guarantee that others will achieve the same results.