Stratus CS Acute Care Diagnostic System
Managing Chest Pain to Meet the Challenge
Each year, more than eight million patients visit emergency departments in the United States with chest pain suggestive of myocardial ischemia. Yet, in around 75% of cases, objective evidence of unstable coronary syndrome is lacking after the initial clinical and ECG evaluation.
Accelerated diagnostic protocols using biochemical markers and near-patient testing strategies with the Stratus® CS analyzer can help address this challenge. Consequently, hospital stays—and the cost to manage both ACS-positive and ACS-negative patients—can be reduced.
Fast, informative results
- Rapid turnaround time: 14 minutes to first result, and 4 minutes for each subsequent result
- A broad menu of tests to support better chest pain differentiation from a single sample, on a single run, on a single instrument
Easy-to-use in the Emergency Department, Coronary Care Unit, STAT Lab or Central Lab
- Simple operation for all skill levels: load sample, rotor, TestPak™ Cartridge(s)—and press Start
- System accepts blood directly from collection tube—no sample preparation, no manual dilutions
- Integrated centrifuge spins whole blood to plasma and automatically pipettes to test cartridges—no user manipulation needed
Efficient and cost-effective
- Eliminates manual intervention steps that prolong result turnaround
- Single use packaging for tests, calibrators, and diluents reduce reagent waste
- Select tests based on patient need—no fixed assay panels
- System Check (electronic QC) reduces liquid QC frequency requirements
- Barcode readers and lockout features for near-patient testing compliance
- Fully compliant with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Preamble
- First to the market with a guideline acceptable troponin I assay with the low end precision to meet the 2012 ESC/ACC Guidelines
- Onsite training
- Field service group
- Technical telephone support
* In conjunction with a non-high clinical pretest probability (PTP) assessment model in point of care
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.