Tim 4G's unique architecture
The only fully digital MRI.
Tim 4G systems deliver exceptional image quality by optimizing the entire signal chain. The integrated coil technology is more than just high-channel coils – it is a completely digital RF architecture with a unique DirectRF design.
- Up to 204 coil elements with up to 128 independent RF channels for higher SNR and speed
- Ultra high-density coil array for a scan range up to 205 cm with no coil repositioning
- Light-weight, patient-friendly coils enable more flexibility in patient set-up
- High-resolution imaging from head to toe with high channel coils
- Fully digital DirectRF architecture with transmit and receive components at the magnet for true signal purity and stability
- TimTX TrueForm, providing excellent B1 homogeneity at 3T
- ZOOMit powered by TimTX TrueShape - Zoomed imaging to see the details and making full use of parallel transmit
- Easier and quicker set-up with improved Tim 4G DirectConnect and SlideConnect coils
- Tim Dockable Table is mobility done right
- iPAT2 allowing parallel imaging in two directions for fast data acquisition
DirectRF – fully digital design
Integration of all transmit and receive components at the magnet, enabled by the unique digital-in and digital-out design with fiberoptic cables between the magnet and equipment room.
- Enabler for real-time feedback loops
- Higher signal purity and improved stability
- Enhanced image quality, less noise
- Easier siting
Real-time feedback loop
Dynamic feedback control of the RF transmit system for higher temporal stability and power linearity.
- Exellent signal stability
- Accuracy and stability in transmission
Tim 4G coils
Tim 4G’s wide coil portfolio includes ultra-high channel coils and enables highest coil element density.
- Designed for excellent SNR and speed
- Designed with patient comfort in mind
- Designed for optimized ease-of-use
Dual-density signal transfer
Signals from two different coil elements can be sent with different frequencies on a single wire, unlocking the potential for higher density coils. The signals are separated again in the receiver to enable a unique 1-to-1 element /channel relationship.
- Less signal interference, greater robustness
- Higher SNR
- Less and thinner cables enable easier handling of high-channel coils
The precision of Tim 4G enables you to achieve excellent image quality and speed in MRI.
Fast, high-resolution imaging
enables Siemens unique applications such as CAIPIRINHA for ultra-fast breath holds or TimCT (Continous Table move) for a smooth workflow for large Field of View applications.
Larger and more flexible coverage
Up to 204 coil elements can be used in combination with up to 128 RF channels.
- The extensive coil portfolio offers extended coverage and more flexibility in scanning diverse body regions
- Dual-Density Signal Transfer enables a higher number of coil elements, higher SNR and 50% fewer cables
Tim 4G ensures patients enjoy the most comfortable scan experience.
Maximized patient comfort:
- Tim 4G coils are light weight and flexible in use for increased patient cooperation and satisfaction.
- Patient-friendly coil design (e.g. “holes” in the Body 18 coil for breathability)
- Innovative open design makes it easier to handle immobile patients
Conduct more exams per day with the Tim 4G productivity enhancements for faster patient set-up and easy handling.
40% higher productivity with Tim3
Change in productivity after a Tim upgrade at X-Leme Clinic in Brazil in 2006.
Additional increase in productivity with Tim 4G's Dockable Table.
- Prepare patients outside the scanner room
- Integrated Spine coil
- Easy transport, comfort for immobile patients, and flexibilty in emergency situations
- fits the needs for patients up to 250 kg supporting full weight capacity in vertical and horizontal movement
Faster set-up times and focus on the patient – with DirectConnect and
- Faster connections
- Easier set-up
- Less hassle
Future Security with an advancing coil portfolio
- broad coil portfolio, allowing to perform all applications from routine to advanced to help you offering comprehensive MRI services and high quality care to your patients.
- new coil developments - keeping you always secure, always ahead
1The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.
2Measured at 1.5T, iPAT 3. SNR quantification based on phantom measurement, mean value of the SNR in the phantom, transversal orientation. Data on file.