MAGNETOM Trio Upgrade
Upgrading your MAGNETOM Trio to the new MAGNETOM Prismafit will equip your unparalleled 3T magnet with the new and powerful technology. The results: Higher signal-to-noise performance, excellent 3T image quality throughout the body, faster scanning, increased consistency and higher productivity, and new unique software applications opening up new imaging possibilities.
fit Upgrade with Turbo Suite
Setting the pace in MR acceleration.
With rising patient volumes in the face of falling reimbursement, there is a clear need for greater efficiency. At the same time, the quality of exam results should not diminish. We are committed to help you transform care delivery by significantly shortening entire examinations for the whole spectrum of clinical MRI. When upgrading your system to MAGNETOM Avantofit, MAGETOM Skyrafit or MAGNETOM Prismafit you get access to Turbo Suite.
Turbo Suite offers the right solution for your clinical question. It is comprised of disruptive MR acceleration technologies, which are tailored to the clinical question. With Turbo Suite you accelerate the complete exam, covering all contrasts, all orientations, static and dynamic imaging, leading to up to 50%1 shorter exams.
Get ready for the future of MR and setting the pace in MR acceleration with a fit upgrade and Turbo Suite.
Turbo Suite Essential
Be ahead in scan time and maximize productivity with core MR acceleration technologies.
Turbo Suite Essential leverages the high element density coils that come with a fit upgrade as well as Siemens-unique parallel imaging techniques to deliver routine exams in 10 to 15 minutes1.
- With Turbo Suite Essential, a comprehensive neurological exam, including time-of-flight, can be performed in 10 minutes.
- Isotropic 3D MSK exams utilize the power of CAIPIRINHA, delivering all clinically relevant contrasts in 10 minutes.
- For body imaging, up to 50% shorter breath-holds and high-resolution scans are possible with CAIPIRINHA.
- Routine examinations in 10–15 minutes1 scan time
- Rapid, high-resolution 3D imaging
- Turbo Suite Essential is standard with any fit upgrade
Turbo Suite Excelerate
Be up to 50%1 faster for clinical routine with a paradigm shift in MR acceleration technologies.
Turbo Suite Excelerate heralds a paradigm shift in productivity with up to 50%1 time savings, for all contrasts, orientations, and body regions.
Together with an upgrade Turbo Suite Excelerate you can transform care delivery and bring advanced diffusion weighted imaging into routine neuro, breast, liver and pelvic imaging.
Additionally, you get continuous access to cutting edge acceleration techniques such as Simultaneous Multi-Slice and Compressed Sensing for static 2D and 3D imaging.*
What you get:
- Maximize your productivity with up to 50%1 time savings
- Bring diffusion weighted imaging into clinical routine
- Future security: Access to additional static Compressed Sensing or Simultaneous Multi-Slice application options at no additional costs2
Turbo Suite Elite
Expand your clinical capabilities and increase the number of patients eligible for MRI.
Turbo Suite Elite adds significant clinical value to your dynamic examinations throughout the body and opens up MRI to patients previously excluded like children or multi-morbid patients and even enables dynamic examinations under free-breathing leveraging the full potential of Compressed Sensing3
Together with an upgrade Turbo Suite Elite will let you utilize industry-leading techniques for 2D and 3D MRI body imaging. With TWIST-VIBE studies have shown you can get an “improved arterial phase in 81% of all patients”3 and clinically also important, it unveils “up to 21% additional findings”4.
StarVIBE enables you to perform free-breathing, motion-resistant and contrast-enhanced body imaging opening up these exams to children, elderly or very sick patients.
With Compressed Sensing Cardiac Cine5, cardiac function can be captured in one short scan, under free-breathing, even for the most challenging conditions.
Additionally, with Turbo Suite Elite, you get continuous access5 to new cutting-edge MR acceleration techniques.
• Allow more patients access to MRI
• Increased patient satisfaction
• Significantly shortened exams
• Increased clinical confidence for dynamic examinations
• Future security with access to one additional new Compressed Sensing or SMS application at no additional cost6
Step-by-step from MAGNETOM Trio to the new MAGNETOM Prismafit
"MAGNETOM Prismafit has the power to explore research and applications at a better level than on standard 3T scanners. The upgrade of our MAGNETOM Trio was actually extremely smooth and we are very grateful about this."7
Professor Rainer Goebel
Maastricht University & Scannexus, Maastricht, The Netherlands
More power for your 3T magnet
Building on your original 3T magnet, you will immediately benefit from the latest MAGNETOM Prismafit technologies: its unique XR 80/200 gradient system, fully parallel transmit with TimTX TrueShape and ZOOMit, Siemens’ Tim 4G receive architecture.
Experience outstanding gradient performance with MAGNETOM Prismafit
- New XR 80/200 gradient coil with 80 mT/m @ 200 T/m/s simultaneously, on all three axes
- Ultra-high-performance cooling
- Force-compensated design for reduced vibrations
Benefits: Significantly increased SNR, unprecedented long-term stability and minimized acoustic noise.
Make use of fully dynamic parallel transmit with TimTX TrueShape
- Selective excitation to highlight regions, organs, or even features of an organ
- Zoomed imaging with the first parallel transmit application ZOOMit
- Significantly higher resolution, reduced scan times and less artifacts
- Open platform for new MRI applications
Benefit from higher resolution and faster scanning with Tim 4G receive architecture
- New Tim RF system with 48, 64 or 128 independent channels for faster imaging and higher SNR
- New Tim 4G coil technology with highest coil element density, Dual-Density Signal Transfer, DirectConnect, and SlideConnect technology
- Fully digital transmit and receive with DirectRF
- Real-time feedback loop for excellent long-term stability
New possibilities with higher SNR, better B1 homogeneity, and new software applications
MAGNETOM Prismafit provides state-of-the-art technology for your most demanding clinical tasks. It supports you with extreme 3T power and provides you with virtually unlimited imaging possibilities.
Higher SNR, increased homogeneity
With Tim 4G’s ultra-high-density array you will get increased signal-to-noise (SNR) for all areas of interest. In this case of a large-field-of-view abdomen up to 50 coil elements can be activated.
Additionally, with Siemens standard parallel transmit solution TimTX TrueForm you receive excellent B1 homogeneity leading to a very homogeneous 3T image quality throughout the body.
New unique software applications:
New Generation iPAT7
- More slices and coverage in the same breath-hold
- Phase encoding direction and 3D direction for 3D sequences
- Ultrafast isotropic T1-weighted 3D imaging of the head
CAIPIRINHA (Controlled Aliasing In Parallel Imaging Results In Higher Acceleration)
- Modified iPAT7 sequence for even higher image quality
- Volumetric 3D imaging
RESOLVE (Readout Segmentation Of Long Variable Echo-trains)
- Unique high-resolution Diffusion-Weighted Imaging (DWI)
- Anatomy-true diffusion imaging for brain, spine, breast, and prostate
Parallel transmit imaging
- Selective excitation of specific body areas with TimTX TrueShape
- First zoom function in MRI with ZOOMit
- Improved echo planar imaging (EPI) based diffusion weighted imaging for the body.
- Independent selection of the number of averages for each b-value.
- Reduction of total acquisition time
- Non-invasive evaluation of brain perfusion
- Radiation free alternative to PET
- Increased SNR with shorter scan time
Higher reproducibility, higher productivity with DotGO
When upgrading to MAGNETOM Prismafit you immediately benefit from DotGO Siemens' next step in MRI exam software. It combines intuitive protocol management with quality results for each exam. For true flexibility, consistency, and efficiency.
Flexibility. Consistency. Efficiency.
- Intuitive protocol management with one central and flexible user interface
- Quality results for each exam, consistent and reproducible
- Up to 20% shorter exam slots for more efficiency in MRI8
“On average, we were able to shorten the examination from 25 to 20 minutes per patient.”7
Anton Quinsten, RT, Senior MRI Technologist
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology and Neuroradiology
University Hospital Essen, Germany
With MAGNETOM Prismafit, the following Dot engines are available:
- Brain Dot Engine
- Large Joint Dot Engine
- Spine Dot Engine
- Abdomen Dot Engine
- Angio Dot Engine
- Cardiac Dot Engine
- Breast Dot Engine
- TimCT Angio Dot Engine
- TimCT Onco Dot Engine
1Data on file; results may vary
2Customer may choose to receive further options at no additional cost provided: Customer purchases or receives via an EVOLVE step, as part of a Siemens service agreement, a future system software upgrade containing these options.
3Currently for MAGNETOM Avantofit and MAGNETOM Prismafit
4Kazmierczak et al, Invest Radiol 2015; 50 (3):1 53-60
5Michaely HJ et al, Invest Radiol 2013; 48
6Customer receives this option at no additional cost provided: Customer purchases or received via an EVOLVE step, as part of a Siemens service agreement, a future system software upgrade containing these options.
7syngo.MR VE11 for MAGNETOM Prismafit is still under development and not commercially available yet. Its future availability cannot be ensured.
8University Hospital Essen, Brain Dot Engine Workflow Study, GER