Measurement of CRP is useful for the detection and evaluation of infection, tissue injury, inflammatory disorders and associated diseases. High Sensitivity CRP (hsCRP) measurements may be used as an independent risk marker for the identification of individuals at risk for future cardiovascular disease. Measurements of hsCRP, when used in conjunction with traditional clinical laboratory evaluation of acute coronary syndromes, may be useful as an independent marker of prognosis for recurrent events, in patients with stable coronary disease or acute coronary syndromes. The Stratus® CS Acute Care CardioPhase® hsCRP assayis a two-site sandwich assay offered in a convenient TestPak format to measure CRP levels in whole blood or plasma. The assay can be used in the clinical hsCRP as well as point-of-care settings.
Elevated CRP values determined by high-sensitivity CRP assays may be indicative of the prognosis of individuals with ACS or stable coronary disease, and may be useful in the management of such individuals.
Delivering What Matters:
- Rapid turnaround time - in as little as 14 min. (with on-board centrifugation)
- Single and ready to use TestPaks
- No reconstitution
- No warming to room temperature
- Reduction in reagent waste
- Reduction in contamination
- Heparinized whole blood samples
- Two-site sandwich assay to measure CRP levels in both whole blood or plasma
- Closed container sampling for enhanced efficiency and safety
- Electronic QC (System Check) satisfies daily routine QC requirements permitting local QC flexibility
For additional information on hsCRP, visit our educational website at: