The VERSANT® Zika RNA 1.0 Assay (kPCR)* is a real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay for the qualitative detection of RNA from the Zika virus in serum, plasma, or urine (collected alongside a patient-matched serum or plasma specimen).
The assay uses a dual-target design and is validated for use on the THERMO FISHER QuantStudio 5, BIO-RAD CFX96, and ABI 7500 Fast Dx thermal cyclers.
Qualitative real-time PCR assay provides:
- Excellent Assay Performance
- Sample Handling Simplicity
- Workflow Efficiency
Fonctionnalités et avantages
Excellent Assay Performance
- High-specificity (no cross-reactivity with other Flaviviruses)
- Dual-target design improves detection
- Amplifies and detects all currently identified Zika genotypes: West African (Nigerian cluster), East African (MR766 prototype cluster), and Asian
- Good specificity when tested against cross-reactive species and high sensitivity with commercially available Zika cultures.
Sample Handling Simplicity
- Validated for serum, plasma, or urine (collected alongside a patient-matched serum or plasma specimen)
- 48 tests per kit
- Internal control (IC) to monitor RNA extraction and PCR efficiency
- Includes UNG for contamination control
- Validated for multiple thermal cyclers (THERMO FISHER QuantStudio 5, BIO-RAD CFX96, and ABI 7500 Fast Dx)
- Concordant with CDC Zika assay using a variety of patient-matched clinical samples (plasma, serum, and urine)**
**Internal data on file.