INNOVANCE PFA-200 System*
Simple, rapid, qualitative, and precise automated assessment of platelet function
The INNOVANCE® PFA-200 System* provides simple, rapid, qualitative, and precise automated assessment of platelet function and supports clinically relevant decision-making processes effecting therapies. The system quickly measures platelet plug formation in a small whole blood sample (800 μL) and reports a ”closure time” in 5-8 minutes.
Comprehensive bleeding risk assessment
The INNOVANCE PFA-200 System’s unique technology simulates in vitro hemodynamic conditions of platelet adhesion and aggregation in a vascular lesion, providing rapid detection of acquired, inherited, or drug-induced platelet dysfunction in multiple clinical settings. Combining the INNOVANCE PFA® P2Y test*, the Dade® PFA Collagen/EPI Test Cartridge, and the Dade PFA Collagen/ADP Test Cartridge provides a comprehensive, cost-effective preoperative bleeding risk solution.
- Simple 3-step process requires minimal pipetting and hands-on time
- Results from one 800 μL sample of blood
- One cut-off for P2Y samples in 3.2 and 3.8% buffered sodium
- Preoperative screening results in 5-8 minutes
Detects inherited, acquired, and drug-induced platelet dysfunction
In combination with traditional coagulation screening tests such as prothrombin time and activated partial thromboplastin time, the INNOVANCE PFA-200 System provides excellent sensitivity to functional defects of hemostasis.
- Accurate detection of acquired, inherited, or drug-induced platelet dysfunction under high-shear stress
- Sensitive to quantitative and qualitative abnormalities of VWD in both plasma and platelets
- Simple, rapid, semi-quantitative, and precise assessment of platelet function
- Software supports closure curve1 illustrations for use in scientific studies
Reliable detection of aspirin-induced platelet dysfunction
The INNOVANCE PFA-200 System assesses whether doses are sufficient to induce platelet dysfunction. While other analyzers only detect the inhibition of platelet aggregation, the INNOVANCE PFA-200 System accurately measures the ability of aspirin to prevent platelet plug formation.
Effective monitoring of pre-surgical therapy
Several “screening tests” fail to detect a number of mild bleeding disorders that could cause substantial bleeding. The INNOVANCE PFA-200 System, however, can reliably identify patients with a bleeding risk due to platelet function deficiency. With the INNOVANCE PFA-200 System, most patients with prolonged Col/ADP Closure Times manifest abnormalities in primary hemostasis that could place them at risk during surgery.
- The Dade PFA Collagen/EPI Test Cartridge provides effective assessment of pre-surgical therapy with desmopressin (DDAVP)
- Several clinical studies suggest that the PFA closure time (CT) with both the Dade PFA Collagen/EPI and Dade PFA Collagen/ADP Test Cartridges becomes measurably shorter following infusion of DDAVP
- Shorter closure times indicate improved platelet function and may indicate improvement in bleeding symptoms and transfusion needs
Safe and efficient testing
- No special sample collection requirements–only a small volume of citrated whole blood is needed (800 μL)
- All PFA tests can be run from one patient sample tube
- All biological material remains in the test cartridge. This feature minimizes operator/blood contact for improved safety and consistency, avoiding instrument contamination and facilitating safe biohazard disposal
- Blood samples are stable for up to 4 hours after collection
- Built-in quality control program reduces risk of reporting false results
- Password/access levels protect sensitive patient data and provide enhanced traceability records
*Not available for sale in the U.S. Product availability varies by country.
1: For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.