In this webinar, Dr. Frydman focuses on the importance of pleural fluid pH testing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with pleural effusions. Various clinical conditions are discussed where the measurement of pH, as well as other analytes in pleural fluid are critical to diagnostic decisions. The issues and challenges of pleural fluid sampling and analysis are reviewed, taking into consideration the methodologies available and selection of those optimum for accurate testing.
Key learning objectives
- Understand the testing options available for pleural fluid analysis
- Recognize the value of pleural fluid measurements in the diagnosis of pleural effusions
- Identify the potential hurdles to overcome when implementing pleural fluid analysis
Who should attend?
- Healthcare professionals interested in the clinical utility of pleural fluid pH measurement
- Clinicians that want to better understand the challenges of pleural fluid sampling
- Those interested in the methodologies available for pleural fluid pH analysis
Attendees are entitled to P.A.C.E. credits from the ASCLS and/or ACCENT credits from the AACC. Available through August 31, 2023.