Infectious diseases are caused by pathogenic microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi; the diseases can be spread, directly or indirectly, from one person to another.1 As of 2016, infectious diseases account for about 1 in 4 deaths worldwide, including approximately two-thirds of all deaths among children younger than age 5.2 Early diagnosis and monitoring of these infections is extremely important, particularly for high-risk pediatric and immunosuppressed patients.
Molecular laboratories have an increased demand to do more with less in the face of laboratory staffing challenges while needing to manage a wide range of testing on multiple platforms, thereby requiring service agreements with multiple vendors.
Solution: Fast Track Diagnostics Syndromic Real-time PCR Multiplexing Assays3
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics offers one of the broadest ranges of syndromic grouped real-time PCR multiplex assays covering the major disease groups such as respiratory infections, gastroenteritis, sexually transmitted infections, childhood infections, meningitis, eye infections, immunosuppression, hepatitis, and tropical fever.
Why Syndromic Testing?
Lower Costs and Greater Efficiency4
- Syndromic real-time PCR multiplex kits enable precision medicine. Our new assays consolidate related pathogens into single multiplex kits, helping laboratories reduce cost and improve efficiency.
- Clinically-relevant testing for viral, bacterial, and other types of infections improves patient outcomes with a fast and more precise clinical diagnosis enabling optimized treatment decisions.
Download a brochure on syndromic testing to learn more:
Because of some maintenance activities, this service is not available currently.
Please try again later.
1. World Health Organization (WHO), 2018
2. National Institutes of Health (NIH), 2018
3. CE-marked for IVD use in the EU. Product availability will vary country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements. For research use only in the U.S.
4. Data on file