Today’s PACS solutions are productivity tools to support your clinical goals. Here’s what it takes to make your PACS a powerful image management platform.
PACS in radiology
As radiology department caseloads increase with the consolidation in the healthcare industry and the aging population, institutions need to stay competitive with their reading and reporting performance. A powerful Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) that is expandable for the future is inevitable. To improve clinics' imaging workflows, images must be available across departmental boundaries and with mobile access.
Viewing, reading, image sharing, and archiving are core processes. Your PACS is the radiology centerpiece that should be designed for frequent, heavy use, supporting users with robust performance, intuitive operation, and intelligent reading tools.
syngo.plaza is the smart PACS workhorse for reading and reporting a large variety of cases – from routine to complex. It brings 3D technology to everyday reading, within your PACS, and opens up powerful storage capacities, enabling vendor-neutral archiving, even enterprise-wide1.
The approach of deconstructing the PACS combines best-of-breed solutions for archiving, workflow, and viewing needs. So each component follows an individual optimization in itself and gains an additional overall value for managing the institutions imaging informatics assets.
Furthermore the consolidation of enterprise-wide radiological and clinical data – with one multi-specialty archiving solution is the basic idea of enterprise imaging.
syngo.plaza is a highly scalable, modular PACS solution that lets you connect, integrate, and manage all IT components effortlessly – today and tomorrow – from vendor-neutral archiving up to enterprise-wide solutions2.
Your PACS must help maximize your productive time
Complete procedures faster, saving time by/with
- Fast image access with high loading performance
- Quick and easy access to image mark-ups through the unique Findings Navigator
- Options for 3D/4D, Mammography, DSA, and more at one workplace
- Tight No-click integration to Advanced Visualization for efficient 3D/4D reading
Make your life easier through:
- Robust and intuitive user interface
- Personalized tools (e.g. SmartSelect) and display layouts to match individual preferences
- Automatic series synchronization at opening process
- Synchronized zoom even across current and prior examinations
- The Patient Jacket shows the patient’s history at a glance – including prior exams, reports, and DICOM Structured Reports
- Comprehensive worklist filtering including RIS-fields
Reading reliability by using 3D technology3 in your PACS
- Region Growing – for improved diagnostic results
- Image Fusion – for increased diagnostic confidence
- Automatic removal of non-relevant structures
- Automatic Spine/ Rib labeling – for fast and easy anatomical orientation
- Automatic alignment of current and prior examinations
- Speeds up the workflow by automating and standardizing reconstructions and views
- Improves consistency in image reconstruction and presentation
Mobile access anywhere4 through:
- Full reading capability with complete feature set, including advanced applications
- Off-site comfort with “on-site performance” and easy deployment
- Collaboration mode in ResolutionMD5 offers secure sharing of clinical images, and ad-hoc image and report sharing at conferences and meetings
- ResolutionMD HTML5 user interface with adaptive screen size layout and context adaptive menu
- Viewing RIS reports in ResolutionMD can be configured for your individual needs.
Your PACS must allow flexible and cost-effective image access
Cost-effective image access with syngo.plaza Web clients:
- Variable compression loading for faster image viewing
- Browser independent
- No Admin rights for installation required
Intuitive and easy to work:
- Same intuitive user interface as the reporting client for radiologists makes training easy
- Support of two displays
- Access to surgical planning software (mediCAD6)
Dedicated archiving solutions
- A departmental archiving, scalable from a single to multiple departments: DICOM Archive
- Radiology archiving that integrates different radiological departments for PACS imaging consolidation across an entire enterprise: DICOM VNA
- Multi-specialty archiving solution that consolidates enterprise-wide radiological and clinical data: Universal VNA
syngo.plaza is not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons it’s future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.
1These options are realized by seamless interfaces to other Siemens or 3rd party products.
2syngo.share consists of several medical devices of ITH icoserve technology for healthcare GmbH, Innsbruck, Austria. syngo.share products are not commercially available in all countries and their future availability cannot be guaranteed due to regulatory reasons. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.
3syngo.plaza 3D+ is a product deployment which combines syngo.plaza with syngo.via 3D functionality. Please refer to your sales representative whether the product is available for your country.
4Prerequisites include: Internet connection to clinical network, DICOM compliance, meeting of minimum hardware requirements and adherence to local data security regulations.
5Calgary Scientific Inc. is the legal manufacturer of ResolutionMD. It presents the zero footprint mobile and Web solution for image and report viewing. It is FDA cleared for diagnostic use by trained professionals on capable monitors and on validated iOS and Android devices.
6Option. mediCAD is a medical device of Hectec GmbH, Landshut, Germany. mediCAD currently is not available in all countries.