Image Sharing & Archiving (ISA)
ISA provides a holistic, patient-centric view for all imaging data and unifies enterprise image management and archiving tasks beyond classical departmental or hospital boundaries. In addition, ISA:
- This standards-based system makes it possible for all your authorized medical imaging application users to store and access the data regardless of the PACS vendor source. ISA offers a flexible archive solution for hospitals and medical imaging facilities to allow clinicians to quickly access patient imaging data across multiple PACS systems in the enterprise. The system can also be used as an IHE XDS-I.b image exchange mechanism.
- Provides cloud hosting through the safe, secure, and powerful Siemens Healthcare Computing Center (HCC). The world-renowned HCC provides high business continuity and HIPAA-enabling security, averaging more than 200 million secure healthcare transactions per day.
- The ISA service is a combination of on-site and off-site managed storage in a secured data center. The on-site Edge server provides for X TB of data cache providing faster on-demand access, and distribution, while the Siemens and Dell datacenters maintain the permanent data retention.
- Exchanges information on an enterprise level, with referrers, within a Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE) or a regional network based on HL7, DICOM standards, and the IHE XDS/XDS-I.b profiles.
- Provides extended services such as DICOM tag morphing because of Siemens long history in healthcare imaging.
- Vendor neutrality is guaranteed due to the collaboration with Dell through its application software and back-up datacenters.
- Provides pricing based on an operational cost model versus a capital cost. The service-level agreement (SLA) is procedure volume-based.