Sysmex CS-5100 System
The Sysmex® CS-5100 Hemostasis System is a fully-automated coagulation system for high-volume labs. Smart-design Preanalytical Sample Integrity or PSI™ technology checks primary tube sample-volumes to identify and automatically manage problematic test samples prior to analysis, minimizing repeat testing.
Sysmex CS-5100 System
Watch the CS-5100 System video
Features & Benefits
The Sysmex CS-5100 System offers high-volume and multi-site labs advanced features and benefits—for a streamlined workflow and high-quality test results on the first run.
Wide optical spectrum handles a broad range of assays for testing consolidation
- Performs coagulation assays using 4 different measurement principles on a single platform
- All reaction detectors can be used for clotting, chromogenic, immunoturbidimetric, and aggregation* assays
- Reduces effects of interfering substances on the absorbance spectra by automatically selecting the appropriate wavelength
- Sophisticated software algorithms record, monitor, and check reaction kinetics to determine the correct clotting time
Advanced workstation capabilities increase productivity
- High throughput of up to 400 PT/APTT tests per hour**
- Onboard capacity of up to 3,000 tests and up to 40 reagents, and more than 11 hours of walkaway time1
- Continuous loading of patient samples, reagents, and consumables
- Third-generation cap-piercing technology
- Primary tubes, pediatric tubes, and sample cups can be loaded on the same rack, and STAT samples can be loaded for priority testing at any time
Intuitive user software offers operators a dynamic, customizable environment
- Fully-automatic user maintenance logging with inspection ready checklist
- Software supported error management and troubleshooting guide provides condition and actions for resolution
- User-defined audit trails with data storage for up to 60 results per sample (for up to 10,000 samples) allow detailed traceability of results
True consistency and powerful connectivity support easy integration
- System shares the same reagents, controls, calibrators, and sample reference ranges with Sysmex CS and CA systems
- Flexible, multidisciplinary connectivity to Siemens automation solutions for scalable lab automation
Dade Actin FS
Dade Actin FSL
Factor deficient plasma
Protein C pathway
F V Leiden
INNOVANCE® Free Protein S
Von Willebrand factor
INNOVANCE VWF Ac†
Berichrom Factor VIII Chromogenic
Berichrom Protein C
- Main unit
Approx. 1,030 (W) x 1,150 (D) x 1,280 (H) mm
40.6 (W) x 45.3 (D) x 50.4 (H) in.
- Pneumatic unit
Approx. 280 (W) x 355 (D) x 400 (H) mm
11.1 (W) x 14.1 (D) x 15.7 (H) in.
- Information Processing Unit (IPU) Cart
Approx. 546 (W) x 891 (D) x 1,195 (H) mm
21.5 (W) x 35.1 (D) x 47.1 (H) in.
- 20 single channels for chromogenic, immunoassay, and aggregation* methods
- 20 wells (mixing function using stir bars, possible for 8 wells)
- Simultaneous 5-wavelength photometry in all detector channels (340, 405, 575, 660, and 800 nm wavelengths)
- 100 samples; 10 racks with 10 samples per rack (maximum load)
- Approx. 400 PT tests/hour
- Approx. 400 APTT tests/hour
- Approx. 400 simultaneous PT/APTT tests/hour
- Approx. 282 simultaneous PT/APTT/AT/DD (results for normal mode processing)
- Access mode: Simultaneous random-access (samples, reaction tubes)
- STAT: 5 priority positions
- Type: Single reaction tubes
- Loading: Automatic continuous-access
- Approx. 10,000 samples with a maximum of 60 results per sample
**Throughput values were determined by the time to first result; processing capability varies depending on the reagent used. Throughput values stated above were determined using Siemens’ study protocol with PT (Thromborel® S Reagent) and APTT (Pathromtin® SL Reagent) test applications.
1. Based on internal validation data from Sysmex Corporation
† Current assay applications are planned for commercial release. Due to regulatory reasons future availability cannot be guaranteed.
§ Throughput values were determined by the time to first result; processing capability varies depending on the reagent used. Throughput values stated above were determined using Siemens’ study protocol with PT (Thromborel® S Reagent), APTT (Pathromtin® SL Reagent), INNOVANCE® D-Dimer Reagent, and AT (INNOVANCE AT Reagent) test applications.
Note: Sysmex is a registered trademark of Sysmex Corporation