EMIT II Plus Cannabinoid Assay
The cannabinoid Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) is the principal psychoactive ingredient in marijuana and hashish. The compound Δ9-THC is quickly and effectively absorbed by inhalation or from the gastrointestinal tract and is almost completely metabolized by liver enzymes. The EMIT II Plus Cannabinoid Assay detects the major metabolite of Δ9-THC, 11-nor-Δ9-THC-Δ9-carboxylic acid, in human urine. It also detects other Δ9-THC metabolites.
The EMIT II Plus Cannabinoid Assay provides:
- No cross-reactivity to NSAIDS
- Excellent precision—all within-lab (total) CVs ≤2.1% for the 50 and 100 ng cutoff
- Triple cutoffs available in one assay
- Ready-to-use liquid reagents, calibrators, and controls
- 100% correlation with reference method (GC/MS) at 50 ng/mL cutoff
Applications are available for the Viva-Jr®, Viva-E®, Viva-ProE®, V-Twin® drug testing systems and AU® Series analyzers.