EMIT II Plus Barbiturate Assay
Barbiturates are a class of nervous-system depressants that are absorbed rapidly and for which 30–40% is bound to plasma protein and the remainder is distributed to muscle, fat, and the liver. They are classified based on their duration of action, ranging from very short-acting (approximately 15 minutes) to long-acting (a day or more). Some of the most commonly abused barbiturates are the short-acting ones, including pentobarbital and secobarbital.
The EMIT II Plus Barbiturate Assay provides:
- High sensitivity to phenobarbital
- Excellent precision—all within-lab (total) CVs ≤0.7% or less across the assay range
- Dual cutoffs available with one assay
- Ready-to-use liquid reagents, calibrators, and controls
- >93% correlation to the reference method
Applications are available for the Viva-Jr®, Viva-E®, Viva-ProE®, V-Twin® drug testing systems and AU® Series analyzers.