eHealth mobile Apps
Insufficient documentation endangers right treatment
For patients who need a high level of care, accurate documentation is very important – especially of:
- Visible changes in the skin, wounds or decubitus position
- Changes in neurological behaviour, dementia or speech
If these symptoms aren’t identified, the result can be inappropriate treatment or result in complications.
Fast and comprehensive documentation
The Visual Care App1 enables precise documentation including visual and acoustic evidence. This is how it works:
- Photos, videos, and audio recordings are used for digital documentation
- The documented evidence is stored automatically in the patient’s Electronic Health Record (EHR)2 file
- All evidence is quickly and easily accessible to everyone involved in the care process
Since digital documentation is much faster, your staff will have more time for their patients.
Enhance your workflow and reinforce cooperation
For the various stages of a typical patient’s care, health professionals need to spend at least 30-48 minutes of paperwork for every hour of patient care.3 We help reduce documentation and communication time for caregivers and physicians.
With the Visual Care App, you can:
- Quickly share information with colleagues and patients
- Share knowledge with stakeholders in the network
- Conduct disease control and prevention, based on stored data in the EHR
1This application is manufactured by the ITH icoserve technology for healthcare GmbH. It is still under development and therefore not commercially available. Their future availability cannot be guaranteed due to regulatory reason or otherwise.
2Prerequisites include: Internet connection to clinical network, DICOM compliance, meeting of minimum hardware requirements, and adherence to local data security regulations.
3Source: PricewaterhouseCoopers survey of hospitals and health systems for American Hospital Association, 2006