Watch how Siemens Healthineers helped Labor Blackholm MVZ restructure their laboratory for improved efficiency.
"We achieved significant reduction in manual hands-on time with implementation of our new chemistry and immunoassay systems. We can easily handle increased volume in even less time than on our previous system."
Labor Blackholm MVZ
A private reference laboratory with an annual workload of 6 million clinical chemistry and 1 million immunoassay tests.
ADVIA Centaur® XPT Immunoassay System
ADVIA® Chemistry XPT System
Key Outcomes and Benefits:
- Mean clinical chemistry turnaround time (TAT), including reruns and dilutions, was reduced from 40 to 22 minutes (45%).
- Mean immunoassay TAT, including reruns, was reduced from 57 to 34 minutes (40%).
- Decreased manual interventions in the pre- and post-analytical phases using a combination of system and automation features, such as intelligent sample routing and onboard aliquot retention, repeats and dilutions.
- Throughput increased from 4400 to 5880 samples per day (34%) while the number of analyzers decreased by 30%.
- Overtime costs were reduced by improving staff utilization, conducting more tests with fewer processes, and minimizing manual intervention.