Deliver personalized patient care
FlowMotion™ technology enables acquisition of PET images with a continuous motion of the patient table. This is different from the conventional method where PET images are acquired with sequential bed positions, alternating between image acquisition and patient table motion.
FlowMotion continuous bed motion scanning enables:
- Personalized exams by tailoring protocols based on patient anatomy and disease
- Integration of respiratory gating in clinical routine to improve small-lesion detectability in areas affected by motion
- Simple and precise range planning to eliminate over-scanning and reducing the associated CT dose
- A sense of continuous progress for a more comfortable and smooth exam experience, which can help reduce patient movement
- Simple and standardized protocol setup so the technologist can spend more time with the patient and ensure consistent outcome
FlowMotion technology is available on Biograph mCT Flow™1.
Reduce scanning dose
Planning scans with conventional, sequential bed positions may lead to CT over scanning to cover the desired scan range. Since FlowMotion allows easy anatomy-based planning, only the desired area is scanned, enabling you to minimize CT dose and help maximize efficiency.
Provide an optimal patient and user experience
Patients undergoing a stop-and-go exam sense when a scan is not progressing, which may make the scan seem longer and cause patient motion and discomfort. FlowMotion technology’s bed motion gives the patient a continuous sense of progression and improves exam satisfaction.